Help Needed - Safe and pleasant Routes to Run whilst in Port at Kings Wharf

torromierda

I am doing a Spartan Race (12 Miles) three weeks after our return from Holiday so whilst I dont want to be an exercise bore on holiday I do want to have a couple of mornings where I can put 5 - 10km under my feet before breakfast.

Happy with Gradients and off road, in fact that is preferred.

Can anyone help me (Yes I know I am weird)

I would stay off the main roads as caribsun said. They are very narrow.

Keith

I agree. They could probably run around inside the dockyard, or go to,the Railway trail, but their best bet might be the jogging deck on the ship.

Edited by Charles4515

I am doing a Spartan Race (12 Miles) three weeks after our return from Holiday so whilst I dont want to be an exercise bore on holiday I do want to have a couple of mornings where I can put 5 - 10km under my feet before breakfast.

Happy with Gradients and off road, in fact that is preferred.

Can anyone help me (Yes I know I am weird)

CC member and Bermudian, 32N64W, posted directions with map and photos for walking near the Dockyard; I'm sure you could use it for running.

SBtS

FWIW...

Jackie and I did this route last June (2011). It's a lovely walk, but very desolate after the first 20 minutes or so. Lefroy House (on the map) is a retirement home....we had to make a pit stop there and when we told some of the staff where we had been they said they wouldn't venture out on that route four strong!

Having said that we are 2 senior gals....maybe a younger male wouldn't mind doing it. We are going again on Sunday, but not on that walk!

Unfortunately I have no other suggestions.....agree the roads are very narrow.

Sheila.

Thanks all,

The route that StBS put up looks favourite and with a bit of planning the Railtrack.

like I said the idea is to get up early 'sneak off' and be back for Breakfast a few times.

Charles,

The running track or the running machines are indeed the safest options but I think the Tedium would be a more likely cause of death than being struck by a car ;)

• 6 years later...
The roads are very narrow in Bermuda and as a runner I would not take a chance. Try the rail trail. http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda2_000036.htm

Is this trail easily accessible from the ship? We've booked a cruise for June 2019 (NCL Gem), and my husband is a runner; the ship track isn't going to do it for him.

Is this trail easily accessible from the ship? We've booked a cruise for June 2019 (NCL Gem), and my husband is a runner; the ship track isn't going to do it for him.

The start of the Rail Trail is about 3.5 miles from where you will be docked. You could take a bus or taxi to the start.

SBtS