The Many Choices of Edge Dining Venues: How Do We Choose?

vtcruising

I realize that there are some active dining reveal threads going with a lot of great info, but there still has been a lot of questions on my roll calls (and this board) about the complimentary and specialty restaurant choices and how to book them. I've realized that it is sometimes difficult to get the questions answered without sorting through a lot of posts.

Hopefully this thread will lay out the dining choices and then people can chime in regarding additional dining info they have gleaned, experiences with booking, suggestions, etc. to help people make dining choices and book them.

Complimentary:

Four Main Dining Rooms that replace the MDR (with links to menus):

Tuscan: Southern Italian, deck 3, capacity 344

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Tuscan.pdf

Normandie: Contemp. French, deck 3, capacity 346

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Normandie-4.pdf

Cosmopolitan: Global Cuisine, deck 4, capacity 346

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Cosmopolitan.pdf

Cyprus: Mediterranean, deck 4, capacity 342

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Cyprus.pdf

75% of each menu will be the same in all 4 restaurants and is the regular MDR cuisine (Celebrity Signature dishes) that changes each night and 25% will be specific to each restaurant theme and will stay the same each night (Classic).

Tuscan and Normandie will be for dinner only and Cosmopolitan and Cyprus will serve breakfast and will serve lunch on sea days.

If you are not in Aqua Class or Suite Class, you can choose one the following 3 options (if available):

Traditional Early - 6 PM

Traditional Late - 8:30 PM

Celebrity Select Plus - 6:00-9:30

-If you choose Traditional, you will be assigned one of the 4 dining rooms with the same table and waiter. Celebrity will assign the restaurant - the restaurant assignment will be in your stateroom on Day 1.

-Guests may request to dine in a different main dining room, based on availability - you will have a waiter that works in that dining room for that night (waiters stay in their assigned dining rooms). You can also request change to another dining room for the whole cruise, based on availability.

-If you ask for one of the Classic dishes from another venue of the 4 MDRs, it will be recommended that you eat in that venue one night instead (sounds like they don't want to go there).

-If you want to request to be assigned to a particular MDR, it is suggested that you email CelebrityDining@celebrity.com and they will forward the request to the ship and try to accommodate you.

If you choose Celebrity Select Plus, you can choose any of the restaurants each night. Reservations are recommended (and can be made online through Pre-Cruise Planner), though walk-ins permitted.

Stateroom Exclusive:

Blu: for AQ guests, deck 5, 126 seats inside and 22 seats outside. Clean, crisp, inventive. Breakfast and Dinner.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Blu.pdf

Luminae: for Suite guests, deck 12, 172 seats. Breakfast, Lunch (sea days), Dinner.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Luminae.pdf

Other Complimentary:

-Grand Plaza Café, deck 3, quick service of sweet and savory bites, seating 20 - breakfast and lunch

-Eden Café, deck 5, quick service - salads, sandwiches, paninis, beverages, casual bites. Breakfast, lunch. 191 seats inside, 40 seats outside.

Oceanview Café, deck 14, global - includes a bakery and Asian stir fry station, grill, pizza, etc. 712 seats inside and 114 outside. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

The Spa Café and Juice Bar, deck 14, 35 seats, healthy snacks and juices such as homemade granola bars and cold pressed juices. Breakfast, lunch.

Mast Grill, deck 14, hamburgers, sandwiches, fries, salads. Lunch.

Specialty Dining:

Le Grand Bistro, deck 4, 72 inside seats, 22 outside seats, Breakfast ($10), Lunch ($20), Dinner ($25). For breakfast and lunch French bistro and has a boulangerie-patisserie, with handmade macaroons, artisanal cheeses and freshly baked bread to go. At night, you can experience Le Petit Chef.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Le-Grand-Bistro.pdf

Le Petit Chef, deck 4 (at Le Grand Bistro at night), ($55) - animated character appears beside your plate and prepares each course. ONCE PER SAILING. One person reported rep saying to book dinner at Le Grand Bistro for $25 and once onboard pay $30 more to do Le Petit Chef (not available to book Le Petit Chef online at this time).

Fine Cut Steakhouse, deck 5, 90 seats inside and 32 seats outside. American steakhouse, also seafood. Dinner ($55).

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/FineCut_DinnerMenu_No-Price_02.06.18.pdf

Raw on 5, deck 5, 60 seats, seafood and raw bar, a la carte, Lunch and Dinner. When Magic Carpet positioned on 5, will become an extension of restaurant and will be able to order from both that menu or Magic Carpet menu. Lunch

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Raw-On-5_Correct-Order.pdf

Magic Carpet (when on deck 5), 79 seats, open air extension of Raw on 5. Casual seafood. Has its own menu - will be able to order from both that menu or Raw on 5 menu. Reservations made onboard. Lunch.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/MagicCarpet1.pdf

Dinner on the Edge, deck 16, special events for limited number of guests. Reservations made onboard. Dinner.

Rooftop Garden Grill, deck 15, 64 seats, American BBQ, Lunch ($25), Dinner ($45).

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Rooftop-Grill.pdf

Eden Restaurant, deck 4, Contemporary Fine Dining, 100 seats, Dinner ($65). Open air kitchen with performance artists.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Eden-Placeholder-Menu.pdf

I'm sure I am missing things or made some mistakes, so feel free to add more info. By organizing this info, I feel like I can better wade through the many choices to make booking decisions. :D

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

great info! Thanks..And also what to do about whether or not to purchase the specialty dining plan?? We are thinking about the 3 specialty dining package....for $109.00..seems like a good option too....what are thoughts on that as well?

great info! Thanks..And also what to do about whether or not to purchase the specialty dining plan?? We are thinking about the 3 specialty dining package....for $109.00..seems like a good option too....what are thoughts on that as well?

I’ve already purchased one:). The three night package works well for us. We intend to use it for Fine Cut Steakhouse, Rooftop Garden Grill, and Eden. We’ll try the others as well, but on a pay as we go basis.

They are a great deal, but I am a little nervous to wait to book onboard for an Edge cruise right now since they will be new venues for everyone and popular. I've booked some with my OBC for the preview cruises. I am still trying to decide about getting one for the January cruise.

I'm not sure if all venues are included (probably not Dinner on the Edge). The website mentioned Eden, Fine Cut Steakhouse, Rooftop Garden Grill and up to $35 for a la carte Raw on 5, but maybe others are included. Someone on here will probably know?

They are a great deal, but I am a little nervous to wait to book onboard for an Edge cruise right now since they will be new venues for everyone and popular. I've booked some with my OBC for the preview cruises. I am still trying to decide about getting one for the January cruise.

I'm not sure if all venues are included (probably not Dinner on the Edge). The website mentioned Eden, Fine Cut Steakhouse, Rooftop Garden Grill and up to $35 for a la carte Raw on 5, but maybe others are included. Someone on here will probably know?

Agree - not sure how easy it would be to book on board. Brand new ship - everyone wants a taste of it - pun intended! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for pulling all this together -- and double thanks for taking the time to make it look so pretty. [Would you like a job as Celebrity's new website designed? ;)]

It's sad to think that even I could probably do a better job. ;)

Here's a nice Edge dining venue info sheet I found online.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Edge_Culinary_One_Pager_TRADE_FLYER.pdf

Oh, wow [emoji44]! Where/how did you find this? You are literally a star [emoji94] [emoji94] [emoji93]

Here are pictures of the chart and venue overview. The interesting info for me was the number of seats, especially the number of outside seats. Blu. Eden cafe, Le Grand Bistro, and the Steakhouse all have outside seating. Very cool!

It also nicely lays out which venues are open when. It makes it much easier to plan.

I was also happy to see the lower price at lunch for the Rooftop Grill and Le Grand Bistro. A breakfast at Le Grand Bistro might be nice (for $10).

It all looks good! Now where should we have Thanksgiving (we are on the Edge for Thanksgiving this year)? More choices! :)

a5f6cbaac722fbf65322ccfc0233a9df.jpg

e4a61fb431b2304a1b8a4f067fcbf69f.jpg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

Oh, wow [emoji44]! Where/how did you find this? You are literally a star [emoji94] [emoji94] [emoji93]

I know - this chart is the best! I found it hidden away on the web. :D

Agree - not sure how easy it would be to book on board. Brand new ship - everyone wants a taste of it - pun intended! [emoji23]

From various posts, it appears that Select dining will book up very early...esp with the 4 diff MDR options. I think booking early is the way to go. Can always add Specialty packages or single res later,

We are assigned to BLU...but already booked our Specialty res, On a new ship everything will likely be very popular,

From various posts, it appears that Select dining will book up very early...esp with the 4 diff MDR options. I think booking early is the way to go. Can always add Specialty packages or single res later,

We are assigned to BLU...but already booked our Specialty res, On a new ship everything will likely be very popular,

I agree. I also found an Edge Dining FAQs sheet online that I will attach that made me wonder about the Select Dining piece - it was a little confusing, but talked about your dining room assignment being in your cabin the 1st day if you were Select and didn't book a restaurant on your pre-cruise planner.

They say that they take walk-ins, but I can see having to wait if you want a different restaurant and many have pre-booked that particular one. Who knows what the most popular MDR restaurants will be? If I were in the MDRs, I think I would pre-book reservations.

Here is the FAQs sheet I found:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/EDGE_Culinary_Reveal_FAQS_2_22.pdf

• Like 2

Thank you for all this great information! I just booked the four main dining rooms. Now my question is going to be whether I buy the three specialty dining package and wait until on board to book ($109 pp?) or if I just book Eden and Le Grand Bistro now ($90 pp). First world problems. :cool:

Babsbunny..that is true...i am in same situation...is it better to get the 3 pkg dining and then Celebrity chooses one for your first night correct? But is it all the same on the remaining two on the package that you can't book till you get on? So would you then be better just to book say 2 specialty dining venues that are your favorites and pay out of pocket but get the ability to book them now? Hmmm!!!!

Babsbunny..that is true...i am in same situation...is it better to get the 3 pkg dining and then Celebrity chooses one for your first night correct? But is it all the same on the remaining two on the package that you can't book till you get on? So would you then be better just to book say 2 specialty dining venues that are your favorites and pay out of pocket but get the ability to book them now? Hmmm!!!!

I decided to book now so that I will be assured of getting certain restaurants (and times), Since these are brand new venues, many will be booking them, so at least for the first several months my guess is they may be more difficult to book onboard. They do always leave some slots open for onboard booking, but I decided not to chance it on these short cruises (and I was lucky enough to get OBC because I booked so early so Celebrity will be paying) :D.

etravel, I think Celebrity chooses your MDR if you have if you have the early or late seating--but not your specialty restaurants. We have the Select Dining option, so I can choose and book our MDRs now. :)

I'm curious what specialty restaurants people are wanting to book and why? I want to eat at Raw on 5 as well (on the MC if possible), but I'm thinking that might be a nice place to stop by for lunch without a res and pay a la carte.

etravel, I think Celebrity chooses your MDR if you have if you have the early or late seating--but not your specialty restaurants. We have the Select Dining option, so I can choose and book our MDRs now. :)

I'm curious what specialty restaurants people are wanting to book and why? I want to eat at Raw on 5 as well (on the MC if possible), but I'm thinking that might be a nice place to stop by for lunch without a res and pay a la carte.

I am interested in the MC when it is on 5, for lunch. I really like the looks of the lobster Caesar and the lobster roll. My DH will like the seafood tower, especially since it has oysters.

I also want to do the Rooftop Grill for lunch since we have so many dinner options.

We have a reservation for Eden, which I think will be a one and done type thing. It will be more of an experience, I think - not so excited about the menu, but hopefully it will be amazing.

We will also try to do Le Petit Chef - it looks a little cheesy but I think we will have a good time doing it once.

The Steakhouse looks good, but we will see about the actual quality of the meat - hopefully the higher cost will get us some better cuts than usually seen.

Dinner on the Edge sounds nice, but I would bet that it will be $150 or more per person and be a wine pairing type thing (like a Chef's Table), but maybe they will have some more affordable events.

I like the idea of Le Grand Bistro, a pay for breakfast place that may be a step up (not sure that we will do it). The take out cheese, breads, etc. there is interesting - will be interested to see how that works (not that we will need another bite between meals). I like that it has some outside tables.

It all looks good - it will be fun to explore! As someone on my roll call said, bring your expandable pants! :D