Thoughts on Hotels Cape Canaveral 2019

Still in planning mode. Right now it's around 4 to 7 of us my daughter her 2 grown sons ,one of grandsons may bring his girl friend and possible 2 friends of theirs oh and me lol. My sister and her boyfriend are going too but getting their own room. I know the suites sleep 6 but was hoping on getting a roll away if needed for the 7th person

Okay we are planning on cruise out of Cape Canaveral on Harmony of Seas 2019. I have narrowed it down to Homewood Suites or Residence Inn Suites what are your thoughts ?

Homewood Suites is new, but the Residence Inn, located literally across the street, is a great choice too!

Both are very popular with cruisers. Both offer free breakfast and you can book and pay a small fee to shuttle to and from the port.

Have a great cruise!!

Unless you need that 2-bedroom suite, the Homewood gets my vote. Newer and the outside pool/terrace area is much more exciting. The evening reception is Mon-Thu. Also you have cruise ship views from odd-numbered rooms on the 6th floor!

Unsure if any hotel will allow more than 6 per room but I think the Residence Inn may be more cot-friendly should you need one! Also at Residence you have a choice between king or 2 queens in the one-bedroom versus 2 queens in the Homewood one-bedrooms.

Edited by SteerageJoe

I know the Residence has a two bedroom suite and 2 bathrooms which would be helpful . The only thing I wish they had 2 queens beds instead of King in each bedroom but can't have everything lol

We stayed at the residence Inn in Port Canaveral in a two bedroom suite. One of the bedrooms had a king bed and the other bedroom had 2 queen beds. There was also a sofa bed

We stayed at the residence Inn in Port Canaveral in a two bedroom suite. One of the bedrooms had a king bed and the other bedroom had 2 queen beds. There was also a sofa bed

That would be perfect to have one bedroom with king and 2nd bedroom with 2 Queens plus a sofa bed in living room.

I know you already picked these two hotels but how about some fun?

You can probably get room 607 for cheaper (I really do not know) right on the ocean at La Quinta Beachfront just a short distance down A1A.

That's the suite-looking room at the top in the pic below!

It has a bedroom on the left in the picture with a King Bed and on the right is the living room with a Queen Sofa Bed and a Twin Sofa Bed.

La-Quinta-Beachfront-Hotel.jpg

La-Quinta-Beachfront-Views-from-6th-floor.jpg

• 2 weeks later...