Ship tour on "Wonder"....

Randyp1234

As a former Stage Manager on Wonder & Dream I can tell you I did use to give backstage tours to Mainstage. However these were based on whether the current CD wanted them or not. As I recall they were limited to a certain level guest but I am not positive.

On Wonder we would start in the theatre (usually a group of 10-12 people max) and I would explain hiring, rehearsals, cast change overs and general show info. We would then go onstage and do a brief tour, usually including the Production Mgr at this point, and show all the sets and backstage storage area. If seas permitted we would put everyone on the lift and take everyone below the stage lever (which NO ONE but those on these tours ever saw as it was in a strictly crew area) and then take them back on deck.

Mind you this was 2011 so I have no idea what happens now, but I certainly enjoyed being a give a glimpse behind the magic.....and also always being careful not to show TOO much!

We were able to do a tour like this on the 2013 EBPC. Being "theatre people", my husband acts and I house manage at a semi-pro level, we really enjoyed it. It was not limited to a certain CC level. I believe there was an age requirement, and it was a small group.

• 9 months later...