Indy to Maui connecting airport

indy71

I’d like to break up our long flight to Hawaii with a connection on the West Coast. Between LAX and SFO, which would be less hassle to change planes? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also, just what is the purpose behind "breaking up" your flights? If it's just to spend a shorter time "in the tube", you're actually increasing flight time by adding that stop, since AA flies PHX-OGG non-stop. Do you plan to leave the airport secure area to smoke? To dine? For medical necessities?

I believe the OP is flying from Indianapolis, not from Phoenix, which is a longer flight.

When we flew to Maui from IND, we planned a 2 night stop in Las Vegas and then flew on to Maui. We were taking a cruise out of Honolulu that returned to Ensenada Mexico with a shuttle to San Diego.

We purchased a round trip to Vegas and back and a flight to Maui 1 way and flight from San Diego to Las Vegas. Believe it or not that was cheaper than a one way flight to Maui and a one way flight to Ind. from San Diego. Plus we had a fun time in Vegas going and coming back.

I am asking for a friend who is flying from Indianapolis to Maui in October for her son’s wedding. She hates to fly and wants shorter segments. She can’t stand to be cooped up in a plane for a long time. I don’t think she cares what she does between flights; she just wants to be off the plane. She doesn’t have access to any airline clubs, is not a frequent flier member. She is just interested in finding out which airport in easier to navigate in a general sense-no specific flights or airlines at this point. Thank you for your help!

I’d like to break up our long flight to Hawaii with a connection on the West Coast. Between LAX and SFO, which would be less hassle to change planes? Thanks for your help!

I would recommend that both flights be booked on the same airline increasing the odds of an easy connection. I would pick LAX, but SFO would be OK as long as you do not fly Hawaiian Air from OGG to SFO. (The connection would be terrible because HA uses the international terminal for OGG flights.

I like to connect in DFW, but for LAX would break up the flight better.

I would recommend that both flights be booked on the same airline increasing the odds of an easy connection. I would pick LAX, but SFO would be OK as long as you do not fly Hawaiian Air from OGG to SFO. (The connection would be terrible because HA uses the international terminal for OGG flights.

I like to connect in DFW, but for LAX would break up the flight better.

Thank you for your helpful input!