Does a waitlist exist for sold out inside cabins?

10-96

My family booked the Dream for December 2011. We got the cabins we wanted, so thats not an issue. My grown daughter, who no longer lives with us, would like to join us, however, she can't afford anything more than an inside stateroom (E-1 Air Force, no money), and they all seem to be sold out on our date.

The only cabins left are balcony cabins that she cannot afford. She doesn't want to risk putting down a deposit on a cabin she cannot afford hoping that an inside will become available. I know that we can switch cabins once a deposit is made, but if an inside does not become available before final payment, she doesn't want to be stuck with the higher final payment.

My question is, is there a wait list for specific "sold out" cabin categories if no deposit has been made? Can you be placed on it and if one becomes available, will they call you to book it?

And be aware that because of people wanting virtual portholes, many of the inside cabins actually cost MORE than ocean view cabins now...so inside cabin may not be the cheapest way to go.

At the next drydock, they'll be welding over the portholes to install more virtual portholes.

Thank you everyone. We will definitely check in after final payment day.

And I will pay close attention to the prices in case we can get an oceanview for less..

PS. You're funny Host Mick. They probably will. LOL

Great News!! I happened to check the website this morning and a few inside cabins popped up available. I snatched one up as fast as my fingers could type.

It's amazing. I've been checking the website everyday for about two weeks and nothing. All of a sudden, this morning, about 7 or 8 inside cabins popped up out of nowhere. Strange how that happens.

Thanks again everyone for your input.

Archived