The Hebridean Royal Crown

knotheadusc

I got an email today about European river cruises on the Hebridean MS Royal Crown. This is exciting to me, since I'm kind of interested in doing river cruises. I already have a cruise booked for 2012 on the Princess, but if I enjoy that as much as I think I will, this new vessel might be worth trying out!

http://www.hebrideancruises.us/royalcrown/index.html

Hi Knot. I followed you over here. We also just saw the river cruise on the Hebridean website. Looks great. Love the all inclusive aspect. Have ordered the brochures. Want to do the Rhine. Explored the Rhine as a student in 1969. Had a ball. Who knows? Maybe we will run into you on this one instead of SeaDream.:D

Well, we will be on the Hebridean Princess next November, cruising around Scotland on a back to back. Yes, I know we're crazy, because the weather will probably be miserable. But I'm dying to see Scotland...

I have a hankering to try out Paul Gauguin and Seabourn, but I will probably do another onboard SeaDream booking next week if our cruise goes as well as I expect it will. And if we end up loving the Hebridean Princess as much as I expect we will, we may never get a chance to try any other cruise line! We'll end up ping ponging between SeaDream and Hebridean!

I did visit the Rhine in 1997 right after my Peace Corps assignment. Was hoping to visit again when my husband and I were living in Germany, but we ran out of time because we had to leave a year earlier than expected. :mad:

With any luck, though, we'll have lots of years to see the places we want to see!:D

Have you seen the new river cruiser due out in 2012 on their website. Looks fabulous. My Mother is English and I love Scotland but, after a cruise around Scotland, I would be well ready for SeaDream in Jost VanDyke.:eek::D

I'm thinking if we like the Princess, we might be persuaded to try one of their more southern itineraries that goes to France and/or Ireland... and we would probably choose to do it in a warmer month. Or maybe we would do one of the river cruises. I have been looking at other river cruises by different lines, but it looks like Hebridean's Royal Crown is comparable to them.

We chose next year's November Hebridean cruises for a few reasons: 1. It'll be our 10th anniversary and we wanted to do something really special for that. 2. No one does the Caribbean like SeaDream, but we're not all that interested in visiting the Caribbean. We like Europe a lot for sightseeing, though SeaDream's Caribbean itineraries are perfect if you just want to relax. 3. The November cruises are affordable. There's no way we could afford to do ten nights earlier in the year! :p I'm kinda hoping we can find my husband a kilt.

I expect what will happen, though, is that we'll have an awesome time on the SeaDream I next week and I'll pre-book... and then we'll be doing another SeaDream cruise in 2013, hopefully in Europe!

I think we will take a close look at the Hebridean river cruise when we get the brochure. As far as SeaDream in Europe, we have done SeaDream and Seabourn in Europe and would hands down do Seabourn instead of SeaDream in Europe. If the weather turns bad, there is very very little space on SeaDream. Even worse if the owner's kids are on board. Seabourn has nice interior spaces with good windows for views when the weather turns bad. We found food and service to be a toss up between the two.

Yeah... that's kind of what I was thinking last year when people were talking about booking SeaDream for Norway. Our first cruise ever was on Royal Caribbean in the Baltic Sea. It was June, but we were freezing! We both had to buy jackets! There weren't a ton of kids onboard, but they took over the solarium because it was too cold for them to use the outdoor pool.

I was kind of concerned that SeaDream would have similar issues and that would be a problem because there aren't as many closed in spaces. But then everybody came back and talked about what a fabulous time they had on SeaDream in Norway. I was jealous, especially when I saw all the pictures. I'd really like to do a Mediterranean cruise-- Greece or Spain/Portugal, or maybe a Black Sea cruise.

*sigh* So many places I want to see and cruise lines I want to try!

I have the Hebridean Princess brochure. Guess I should order a river cruise brochure. I've turned my previously unspoiled husband into a hedonist.

Archived