Hebridean Cruises

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A friend and I are considering taking a Hebridean cruise in 2017. It would be a financial stretch, but the all-inclusive nature of the trip is a help in that area. We are thinking that we would enjoy a small ship where (we hope) fellow-cruisers would be friendly and you would feel more "at home" than on the big resort ships. For anyone who is familiar with Hebridean, would two American women in their 60s be likely to "fit in" and have the trip of a lifetime?

Absolutely, you would.

I have been on three Hebridean cruises and I am in my 40s. I have been among the youngest on board on each trip. Also, it's likely that you would be the only Americans on the ship. It's mostly British folks with the odd German aboard. My husband and I were the only Americans on our first cruise and two of four on the other two.

Hebridean cruises are expensive, but once you pay, you don't have to pay for anything other than stuff from the tiny gift shop. Once you are on the ship, you are taken care of. The food is outstanding and the service is impeccable. I used to be a big SeaDream fan and I still like SeaDream, but I think Hebridean has taken over as my favorite line. It really is something very special.

I talked my mom into taking the river cruise last year. She did a back to back and had a fantastic time.

Edited by knotheadusc