New to DCL any tips when boarding Wonder Friday?

kibutzer

I'm not sure what you mean by "activities already full." Most of the activities have no pre-registration and are on a first come basis after boarding. You can have a great cruise without ever doing an excursion.

Your 3 year old will be more comfortable in the Oceaneer's Club if you take her for an "Open House" session first. Open house is when a parent or guardian/grandparent, etc. must be with the child and anyone is allowed into the area. You'll be able to participate with the child. Check the Navigator--these sessions are only 60-90 minutes each day. The child may not be comfortable initially during "secure" programming hours (all the time that isn't open house) as it can get a little busy....Most 4 and 5 year olds are OK, but 3s are not always. Of course there are the pools (if out of diapers) and the splash areas (trained or not). Don't miss any of the main stage theatre shows. On a first trip, I'd skip adult dining and enjoy each of the main dining rooms at dinner.

When we board, we go to lunch at the "sit down" restaurant rather than Carrioca's (pool deck). Both are buffets, but at the MDR restaurant you are shown to a table, beverage order is taken, and then you get your food. Beverage refills are served to you. We find it a little more relaxing than the Carrioca's experience where you find your own table and get your own beverages. If you are interested, look at the Navigator for the "Art of the Theme Ship Tour." Just show up at the starting point at the specified time. Muster drill is at 4, you can get into your room at 1:30 if someone needs a nap.

I'd skip Nassau and stay on board!

Have a great cruise..

I'm not sure what you mean by "activities already full." Most of the activities have no pre-registration and are on a first come basis after boarding. You can have a great cruise without ever doing an excursion.

Your 3 year old will be more comfortable in the Oceaneer's Club if you take her for an "Open House" session first. Open house is when a parent or guardian/grandparent' date=' etc. must be with the child and anyone is allowed into the area. You'll be able to participate with the child. Check the Navigator--these sessions are only 60-90 minutes each day. The child may not be comfortable initially during "secure" programming hours (all the time that isn't open house) as it can get a little busy....Most 4 and 5 year olds are OK, but 3s are not always. Of course there are the pools (if out of diapers) and the splash areas (trained or not). Don't miss any of the main stage theatre shows. On a first trip, I'd skip adult dining and enjoy each of the main dining rooms at dinner.

When we board, we go to lunch at the "sit down" restaurant rather than Carrioca's (pool deck). Both are buffets, but at the MDR restaurant you are shown to a table, beverage order is taken, and then you get your food. Beverage refills are served to you. We find it a little more relaxing than the Carrioca's experience where you find your own table and get your own beverages. If you are interested, look at the Navigator for the "Art of the Theme Ship Tour." Just show up at the starting point at the specified time. Muster drill is at 4, you can get into your room at 1:30 if someone needs a nap.

I'd skip Nassau and stay on board!

Have a great cruise..[/quote']

One change on embarkation day. There's one dining room open (limited hours) for lunch besides Cabanas (buffet). The dining room is sit down service only. No longer any embarkation buffets in a dining room.