Internet on the Wonder

DCLCrazy

Does anyone know if there is an unlimited internet package on the 7 night Wonder? How much is it? We are also on the next cruise which is 4 Nights. Will it be any cheaper bc there are less days to use it if i buy it for the second leg of the trip? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Disney eliminated their unlimited internet package in 2005. You can see the prices at the DCL web site. If you sign up for it on embarkation day, you can get a 50mb package free; based on how much you are using, you can then determine how big a package you'll need to buy.

THe package will NOT carry over on a B2B cruise; you'll have to purchase again on the second leg. However, you can get another free 50mb. The cost of the package is based on the amount of usage you purchase, not on the length of the cruise.

No, DCL doesn't offer an Unlimited Internet Package on any of the ships, the best you can do is pay like $90 to get the highest level of service that gives you 1GB of data, and you can keep renewing that package as needed, they also offer a pay as you go service for $.25 cents for 1 Meg at a time, then 100Mb for $19, then 300Mb for $39 and then the $89 package, it's adequate for surfing and doing email etc. but not for video streaming or online gaming at all.

I bought my teen a 1gig package for a 14 night cruise; she had almost half of it left at the end. She spent A LOT of time on line communicating with her friends, but wasn't doing video streaming of any sort. If all you are doing is e-mail, the free package might be enough. Be sure that ALL apps are turned off. There are people at the internet cafe and GS who can help you with this.

Another alternative, if you can wait you can try to see if your cell phone provider offers any decent international roaming packages for you to use while in PORT. that might help alleviate some of the sting using on board internet.

Additionally I got myself a SkyRoam Hotspot device, they offer them for sale on their website and on Amazon, it's $150, you use Day Passes that give you unlimited 4G WiFi (of the in PORT cellular network) for $8 for a 24 hour period, you can connect up to 5 devices to it (PC, tablet, phone) and use it to surf the web, email, voice apps like iTalk etc.You can buy the day passes in 5 unit bundles and if you don't use them they don't expire. It's a great way to save your onboard net service while you're in port. The device is rechargeable and fits into your pocket or in a pouch on a backpack, so you can use it while on the go. I used it on the last WBPC trip at each port, they work in over 150 countries on their cellular network. (disclaimer I am NOT getting any compensation for recommending this, I just think it's a great way to stay connected when traveling).

my husband bought the biggest package - can't remember how big it was, but he also had most of it left by the end of the cruise...

and he's online pretty much 24/7....constantly on whatsapp/wechat/email etc.

That's the 1 gig package that I got for my daughter. She used enough that it was the right way to go from a cost standpoint, but still had 400+mb left.

It is really a good deal when compared to other cruise lines.

That's the 1 gig package that I got for my daughter. She used enough that it was the right way to go from a cost standpoint' date=' but still had 400+mb left.

It is really a good deal when compared to other cruise lines.[/quote']

yes, it was the way to go for him too....

he has to be connected 24/7 so he couldn't run the risk of running out at any point and then having a problem reconnecting...

plus it made the most sense in terms of their pricing...

it's wonderful that he can now be completely connected even while cruising.....that was a big obstacle in the past....

I had a 1gig package.... lost 300mb in minutes when I had a weak moment with my App Store update..... Bad iPad. Bad iPad.

good point...

when you get on board the ship, you can go straight to guest services and ask for the instruction sheet for what to turn off on your phone so that you don't accidentally do what you mention...

there were about 6 or 7 steps to turn off everything on the phone that needs turning off to avoid wasting your internet package...

and you'll need the instructions at the end so that you can turn everything back on again...

you can actually probably find the instructions on the internet before you leave for the cruise so that you're prepared..

but if not, guest services has an instruction page they can give you....

on our cruise it was a laminated page that he couldn't give me, so i took pictures of all the instructions and then we sat in the stateroom going through them step by step with all the phones.

it actually took about 5 minutes to go through them all.

there were a lot of things to turn off....(like automatic updating of apps, automatic download of email, etc)..

good point...

when you get on board the ship, you can go straight to guest services and ask for the instruction sheet for what to turn off on your phone so that you don't accidentally do what you mention...

there were about 6 or 7 steps to turn off everything on the phone that needs turning off to avoid wasting your internet package...

and you'll need the instructions at the end so that you can turn everything back on again...

you can actually probably find the instructions on the internet before you leave for the cruise so that you're prepared..

but if not, guest services has an instruction page they can give you....

on our cruise it was a laminated page that he couldn't give me, so i took pictures of all the instructions and then we sat in the stateroom going through them step by step with all the phones.

it actually took about 5 minutes to go through them all.

there were a lot of things to turn off....(like automatic updating of apps, automatic download of email, etc)..

The instruction sheet or talking to the CM responsible for the internet issues is a great place to start, but don't totally depend on them. Get the 50mb free and watch your usage. Daughter went thru 5 mb in about 5 minutes of "doing nothing," and found an app that had remained on after the CM had taken her phone and said that he'd "take care of it" in regard to turning off "everything." Once she found and turned off that app, she was good for the rest of the cruise.