La Terrazza al fresco dining

Sunprince

For warm weather cruises, we enjoy dining outside at the back of the ship in the evening. On Seabourn, the MD gets to know our preference and usually seats us at the same table each evening, and finding an available table is not really an issue.

We will be taking our first SS cruise next winter on the Wind in the Caribbean and wanted to ask if we can reserve an outdoor table in La Terrazza or if it is first come, first serve? I realize that reservations can be made 120 days before sailing, just curious about how to go about requesting a table on deck. We don’t really like The Grill, cook your own food concept, so we would anticipate wanting to dine at La Terrazza more often than by the pool.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For warm weather cruises, we enjoy dining outside at the back of the ship in the evening. On Seabourn, the MD gets to know our preference and usually seats us at the same table each evening, and finding an available table is not really an issue.

We will be taking our first SS cruise next winter on the Wind in the Caribbean and wanted to ask if we can reserve an outdoor table in La Terrazza or if it is first come, first serve? I realize that reservations can be made 120 days before sailing, just curious about how to go about requesting a table on deck. We don’t really like The Grill, cook your own food concept, so we would anticipate wanting to dine at La Terrazza more often than by the pool.

Many thanks

The outdoor space is not always used in the evenings. Many people prefer the comfort of AC indoors. When it is open, it's first come/first served. If you care deeply about dining outside, you could express this preference to the Maitre d' when you arrive -- and perhaps even the morning or afternoon of your visit. In any case, I am not aware of any situation in which you can "reserve" a table outdoors.

BTW: Several people have commented that they ask the galley to cook the meat/fish at the Grill and that this is cheerfully done.

Many thanks

You have to make reservations for both however it's not for a given table. I would talk to the MD at lunch and see what goes. I liked the food in the grill better, best beef on the ship IMO. We don't cook we have the stuff cooked for us by the kitchen and it was always perfect.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Many thanks

Like you, we dislike the whole hot rocks/ cook it yourself and get spattered concept - but we like eating outside. It was on this forum we found out we could ask for our entrees to be plated at the Grill. On cruise last month we ate at the Grill several times in the evening. Didn't matter what was ordered, meat or fish, it came to the table perfectly prepared. So you may want to give it a try in addition to La Terrazza.

Thank you for your replies, I will have a word with the MD once on board. Do they turn the tables over more than once in La Terrazza and would dining later (usually our preference) work out for us better if we want to sit outside? We will probably give the Grill a try and will definitely not be cooking ourselves, so thanks for the tip. But we find there is a different ambiance when sitting at the back of the ship watching the ship’s wake as you dine, than there is sitting on the pool deck, which is the reason our preference is La Terrazza over the Grill. Thanks again everyone.

Tables are generally not turned over in LT, so dining later might mean that you don't get the table you want. However, as another person said, in warmer climates, many people prefer to have air conditioning inside.

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

Tables are generally not turned over in LT, so dining later might mean that you don't get the table you want. However, as another person said, in warmer climates, many people prefer to have air conditioning inside.

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

I am one of those who generally prefer to dine indoors, enjoying the AC. It's worth noting that the dress code for LT is "informal," which for gents means a jacket (without need for necktie). No one would remark if a gent dining outside removed his jacket. :)

I am one of those who generally prefer to dine indoors, enjoying the AC. It's worth noting that the dress code for LT is "informal," which for gents means a jacket (without need for necktie). No one would remark if a gent dining outside removed his jacket. :)

In any of the venues, no one cares if you remove your jacket and hang it on the back of your chair. All you have to do is have a jacket with you. Many times if you don't bring a jacket with you and the venue requires it, the maitre d will bring one and hang it on your chair. It's not nearly as stuffy as many people think it is.

Another thing to consider is that the smokers often consider that outside is their bailiwick and if you don't smoke you may not like it.