visa reward dollars

Does anyone know how to redeem these on the cruise line? i see from the visa card info that the rewards are valid on cruises but how does this work? Any info is appreciated.

Millenium

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2003;1;5;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

You get your visa rewards card and have the points transferred to it, then go to guest services and have them applied to your balance. They work the same as cash on the ship. They will pay for any souveniers or excursions, etc.

Disney Magic 01/10/04

Enchantment of the Seas 01/22/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;01;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 4 years later...

Depending how many points you have, you should be able to apply them to your cruise payment. i was told that 100,000 pts equals $1000 of your cruise. BUT you have to book the cruise through their (credit card co.) Travel dept. Try it! Let me know how you make out.:)

I booked our cruise through our regular TA and will be able to use our rewards points to make final payment. As Wog stated, make sure you get your rewards card, then you transfer points onto that card. When I make final payment I simply give that number to my TA as I would any other credit card number. Voila! ;) Then, the points I accrue between final payment and cruising I'll transfer back to the rewards card and use toward our onboard expenses. :cool:

BTW, 1 reward point = $1.

So, if I understand correctly. I use my card for everything. Get a reward card, pay off the cruise, and get more points to use for OBC?

That's what I'm doing. ;) Unfortunately, between final payment and sailing I'll have only accrued ~120 points/$$$. :( But those will marry well with the OBC I got from Disney & my TA. :o

Can you tell me when the Rewards Card expires? I was told it has an expiration date on the front, so I should not request the card too soon before the cruise when I plan to use it.

I just got a new one and the expiration date was at least a year from now. (sorry, I'm too lazy to get up and go see right now :p ) It took about a week for delivery, but be sure to allow plenty enough time before you need to make final payment. Transferring reward dollars onto the card takes a little time, too, but I think it's only a day or two.

• 1 month later...
Then, the points I accrue between final payment and cruising I'll transfer back to the rewards card and use toward our onboard expenses. :cool:

Have you actually used the points onboard?? I was told they don't accept the points onboard. We just used the points at the parks instead, so it was no big deal. Just curious for the future. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

yes I have used the points on board. I have just used a bunch of points for my upcoming cruise and am saving more for the OB spending.

My current card expires in Dec 09. Got it a month or so ago. My last card also expired in a December so I think the cards all expire in Dec regardless of when they are ordered. When you call to get one you can ask when it iwill expire.

yes I have used the points on board. I have just used a bunch of points for my upcoming cruise and am saving more for the OB spending.

My current card expires in Dec 09. Got it a month or so ago. My last card also expired in a December so I think the cards all expire in Dec regardless of when they are ordered. When you call to get one you can ask when it iwill expire.

My card expires in March - so probably expiration depends on when you get. When we went to Disney two years ago- I redeemed my points into a gift card that was accepted at all Disney locations. Saving points now for a cruise - half way there!

Archived