Can someone explain cruisenext?

Jayonce1982

They charged your shipboard account. Which may have been tied to your credit card but it was originally charged to your shipboard account just like all other onboard charges are.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, the first time (which was about ten years ago), they asked for a credit card. I remember being surprised, since it was our first cruise and we hadn’t used money all week, except on shore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, you’re not really “making” $250 dollars. If you bought $500 in deposits and received the $250 credit... you’re still spending an additional $250 dollars on your current cruise. You didn’t really make money... you just paid less than full price.

?????? confusing statement, to me sounds like you never received $250 in benefit ever, ever, ever, which is not true. Are you sure your not an olde NCL nickle and dime confusing consultant?, hahaha, just kidding.

I got it. Thanks so much for clarifying. That does seem purposefully confusing to get you to “save” money and then spend the money you “saved” on the boat

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why is it confusing. What else do you need to buy with that OBC. Spa treatment, bar tab, tour, specialty dinner. Where is the trick? Or were you planning on spending that money for the extras anyway. It is anybody's choice on what they spend there OBC on. Or spend nothing the rest of the cruise and then $500 costs only $250. If you feel tricked then do not use the program. After all it is only free money:p.

And if you receiver an OBC from your travel agent, that too can be used to lower the costs for your cruise next purchase on the ship. Just remember do not buy anything on the ship during your cruise.

we always buy 1 certificate and get the 100.00 for the net 150.00 but last year they let us buy 1 for 250.00 and instead of the 100.00 on account we could take a 2nd certificate for 250.00. And that is what we did and used both when we booked our panama canal cruise we are taking in November. No one is being tricked and I have never been confused over this offer.

I always wait until the end of the cruise-if and only if I have already spent the amount of the OBC I will get, I will buy the cruise next certs. Since they are only good for 4 years, and we usually only cruise every couple of years, I never buy more than 4

I always wait until the end of the cruise-if and only if I have already spent the amount of the OBC I will get, I will buy the cruise next certs. Since they are only good for 4 years, and we usually only cruise every couple of years, I never buy more than 4

LOL...

What difference does it make if you wait or not.

You buy two for $500 and get $250 OBC which makes your total only $250. That doesn’t change whether you buy anything else or not.

My last two cruises, both on the Epic in the past 1.5 years, I bought 4 certificates (each time) and the CruiseNext desk simply charged my account $500 immediately. No OBC, no refund, no nothing--just the $500 charge.

Yes. In the past couple of years they have been offering two options.

Buy 4 certificates for $1,000 and get $500 back as OBC.

Buy 2 certificates for $500 and get two certificates free.

It is basically the same thing with different wording.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. In the past couple of years they have been offering two options.

Buy 4 certificates for $1,000 and get $500 back as OBC.

Buy 2 certificates for $500 and get two certificates free.

It is basically the same thing with different wording.

There you go!

LOL...

What difference does it make if you wait or not.

You buy two for $500 and get $250 OBC which makes your total only $250. That doesn’t change whether you buy anything else or not.

because there were times that I did not have a $250 balance on my onboard account...people are saying that this is a way for NCL to make you spend more, I'm just saying it doesn't have to be

because there were times that I did not have a $250 balance on my onboard account...people are saying that this is a way for NCL to make you spend more, I'm just saying it doesn't have to be

Why do you need $250 balance on your onboard account?

The OBC goes against the cost of the certificates so it will work just the same even if there is a zero balance on your account.

Cruisenext is a program designed to confuse customers into paying a lot of money for something that they really don't understand.

If when buying a cruisenext voucher, the salesperson tells you something that sounds like a benefit of the program, it's probably not true. And, the more emphatic the cruisenext salesperson is, the less likely it is to be true.

Cruisenext is a program designed to confuse customers into paying a lot of money for something that they really don't understand.

If when buying a cruisenext voucher, the salesperson tells you something that sounds like a benefit of the program, it's probably not true. And, the more emphatic the cruisenext salesperson is, the less likely it is to be true.

I genuinely do not believe that is the case. While some of the marketing around it is confusing, I don't think they lie to you outright about anything. If you do make sure you fully understand it, you will definitely come out ahead by purchasing CruiseNext certificates on board. Whether you look at it as free OBC or free CruiseNext certificates (by immediately applying your OBC to the purchase of certificates), you are still doubling your money in the end.

There are two ways of looking at it if I spend $500:

A) I get two CruiseNext certificates ($250 each) and I get $500 of OBC to spend on any/all on board purchase on my current sailing.

B) I get four CruiseNext certificates ($250 each) by immediately spending my $500 of OBC on two more certificates.

Either way, I am getting $1000 of value out of my $500 investment. It's not a scam. I doubled my money.

It's really a nasty tactic. Not illegal, but slimy.

I fell for it on my first 2-3 cruises with NCL when I bought certificates. "$250 OBC? Oh my! I better spend that amount before the cruise ends so I don't lose it!" Total nonsense.

We see what you're doing, NCL. Stop it.

If you check your account balance you see the credit come off right away or at least the next day.

Our last cruise, we paid $500 for 4, as others have said...where is the obfuscation?

And yes, I realize we are beating this dead horse, just wanted to chime in, there was no attempt to confuse the Bride and myself..

I now have $500 to spend toward each of my next two NCL cruises...sounds like a free $500 to me...

If you are confused on how to spend your OBC and do not understand the program, then that is your problem. I myself like saving money and cruising on NCL with there cruise next marketing ploy. I like it when a sales person can trick me into saving money on a product that I am going to use anyway. Saved over $1500 in Alaska over the last 4 months.

The trick is to remember you can only use 1 cruisenext per cabin per cruise unless you book balcony or higher, or they have a promotion.

While I like the balconies, they often would add $2-3k to the cruise cost, and we’d rather have more trips to more destinations for the price difference. So we usually pay for inside or oceanview and get another vacation.

However misunderstanding on my part that we wouldEACH be able to use a cruisenext certificate means we have 3 expiring next year with not enough vacation time to take 3 cruises ... unless we waste (or use) them on a couple 3-4 day Bahamas trips as Norwegian doesn’t have cruises to some of the places we’re planning vacations to (Normandy D-Day 75th anniversary, for instance)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another thing to remember about the cruisenext certificates is that They can only be used for a sailing that is 6 days or more. That would take the shorter cruises out of the options.

Another topic that sometimes gets discussed is if the certificate amount can be applied to an existing booking.

We have had the cruisenext staff onboard tell us that if we purchase the certificate it can be applied to any sailing , even ones that we currently have a deposit on.

Did not purchase the certificate because I just did not believe them, all the wording in the agreement states for future bookings.

I'm sure if we did try to use the certificate for a currently booked cruise we would be told that we would have to cancel and rebook.

That may or may not be a good thing depending on the current rates and promotions but did not want to take a chance.

There are two ways of looking at it if I spend $500:

A) I get two CruiseNext certificates ($250 each) and I get $500 of OBC to spend on any/all on board purchase on my current sailing.

B) I get four CruiseNext certificates ($250 each) by immediately spending my $500 of OBC on two more certificates.

Either way, I am getting $1000 of value out of my $500 investment. It's not a scam. I doubled my money.

Your option A is incorrect. If you only purchase 2 certificates, you get $250 back in OBC; not $500. And it's not either way you get $1000 of value in your sample.

You purchase 2 for $500 and get $250 in OBC (net cost of $250)

You purchase 3 for $750 and get $375 in OBC (net cost of $375)

You purchase 4 for $1000 and get $500 in OBC (net costs of $500)

In your option A, you said you get two certificated instead of four.

I knew what you meant. :)

Oh, you're right. I see it now. See! this is why people get confused! The point is, you genuinely do double your money when purchasing CruiseNext certificates. It's the references to OBC that throw everyone off.

cruisenext is a program designed to confuse customers into paying a lot of money for something that they really don't understand.

word