Are There Kids on HAL at Spring Break?

ashleyriley

We don't cruise during school vacations and spring break so we can have a more relaxing cruise. We also have never cruised on HAL before. Does HAL have many kids on board during Spring Break, specifically the month of March? It's a milestone anniversary for us next year and would prefer to be on a cruise on the actual day, which means a cruise during March. Thanks!

We don't cruise during school vacations and spring break so we can have a more relaxing cruise. We also have never cruised on HAL before. Does HAL have many kids on board during Spring Break, specifically the month of March? It's a milestone anniversary for us next year and would prefer to be on a cruise on the actual day, which means a cruise during March. Thanks!

There are more kids than normal when USA schools are in session BUT Club HAL keeps the kids very busy so you will probably only see them at dinner.

I know the longer cruises are usually safe from kids, but my 2017/18 New Year's Even cruise proved the exception -- it was an 11-night cruise and it was a FULL cruise will a good number of teenagers and children. There may have been Club HAL activities, but as far as I could tell, hey were not used by most of the children on board.

So while I used to say long cruises are the best bet, I'm not as 100% certain anymore. But I would say cruises longer than 7 days are pretty safe, even during March. Most schools only have the week off, so a 10- or 14-day cruises would mean the kids would miss school either before or after.

Last year on a 7 day spring break cruise on the Niewe Amsterdam (late March), there were just under 100 kids on board

If you have kids on the ship, the Club HAL staff will usually tell you how many kids on the ship if you ask.

That was the most children we have seen on a HA cruise.

We are on Koningsdam March 17 2019 for a 10 night southern Caribbean cruise & certainly hope that there are not a lot of kids aboard ;but ,it is spring break & can't be sure of any thing :confused:

Most schools have a one week Spring break, so your 10 day sailing is unlikely to be overrun. That fact, plus the tendency of families to prefer “livelier” lines than HAL, means you should be OK.

We are on Koningsdam March 17 2019 for a 10 night southern Caribbean cruise & certainly hope that there are not a lot of kids aboard ;but ,it is spring break & can't be sure of any thing :confused:

The ship will be full with kids, farewell pool..

HAL generally doesn't attract a large family crowd but during break times,March,April there will be more kids than usual especially on 7 day cruises out of Ft Lauderdale.

If you choose a longer cruise,be sure its not a back to back combined cruise as thats just 2- 7 day cruises in a row and you WILL be required to leave the ship and re-board per US Customs and there likely will be more kids.

We don't do 7 day cruises or B2B (14 day with a 7 day). I find the 14 day to be much more relaxed. If you are around a holiday or a spring break then you pretty much guarantee there will be families on board. The way to at least try and avoid this is to book a 14-21 day IF and only if the ship does not return to it's original port until the very last day. Most families do not have time to take 14-21 day cruises. I know there are exceptions to this.

I am glad I asked, thanks. I guess I was under the impression that kids were rarely on board HAL ships.

There are almost always kids on board...depends on what cruise. Alaska seems to have a much more multi generational crowd which includes many more kids than normal.

The holiday cruises always have more children (spring break, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc) I am always on a 10 or 11 day Caribbean cruise over Thanksgiving and the number of kids is definately higher than the week before and after. It usually means kids playing in the pool and maybe seeing them for dinner. They have never bothered me at all.

The "urban myth" I heard on CC is that there are more kids on HAL than any other cruiseline....

....They're just over 65 and cruising with their parents..

Nevertheless...we had fun when our kids cruised HAL with us during Spring Break.

My first cruise, a Baltic Sea one on the Maasdam in late June/early July, summer of 2000, was highly populated with kids/tweens/teens, especially from the USA. clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727 Whaaaaaat on earth???

My travel friend and I finally learned it was some sort of Disney or theme cruise when we saw Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen on the elevator, swamped by kids. They were the featured attraction.

In my 10 day sailing on HAL during spring break, quite a number of children on board. No issues at all.

Now on my 14 day cruise,wasn't during spring break, but about 20 children on board with five from one family. Homeschool. The kids from that one family were just a issue. Alot of running around, in the Crows nest late in the evening, very disruptive. The remaining children weren't but even on longer HAL might have a few

Spring break is different dates in various parts of the country and it is on and off for weeks depending up on individual schools. My DH and i sailed oftenoverr Easter nd there were always children but they didn't bother us a t all

I enjoy seding large tables of family with a number of generations all enjoying dinn er and their family time together... I think that a pleasure to witness.

I’m a dad who brought his young kids on a HAL cruise. Here are my thoughts.

There were more kids than I expected, but the amount was still a small fraction of what I’ve encountered on more family friendly cruise lines like Disney, Carnival and Royal, which during school breaks seem overrun with kids.

It’s my belief that HAL tends to attract a bit more traveled and polished clientele, and that applies to the children onboard as well. I found that, in the most part, children were very well behaved, disciplined, and following social protocol and dress code.

Overall, I wouldn’t be too concerned about the possibility of children onboard HAL, even during spring break. Chances are that they will not disrupt your vacation, unless even the mere sight of a person that size can impact your enjoyment negatively.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are now HAL cruisers, but when our five adult children were younger we cruised with either Carnival or RCCL because a lot more activities, slides, rock climbing....and so on. Good luck on your choices