"Go with Gus" still in business??

Baybear

On December 3rd, 2014: I've tried to "contact" via his website and it says "no such web page."

Then I tried E-mailing him at "contact at gowithgus.com" and got an undeliverable E-mail message.

Does anyone know whether he's in business? It's the start of the new Caribbean season and we're going to be there in the Oceania Rivieria on Feb 8th and want to take one of his tours.

TIA

here is a link to his website

http://guatemala.gowithgus.com

Thanks, I think that worked... I had a different "link" and address before, and that one didn't complete the "submit," but the address you gave me above, did seem to get the request to "Gus."

Thanks again, I hope that does it. Gus appears to have at least two web URLs and if you get the wrong one, you're in trouble!...

I've e mailed inquiries for 12/31 to the "Go with Gus" link twice over the past few weeks. Indications are that my messages were successfully sent but I've still not heard anything back. Is it possible that they're not there around the holidays?

I've e mailed inquiries for 12/31 to the "Go with Gus" link twice over the past few weeks. Indications are that my messages were successfully sent but I've still not heard anything back. Is it possible that they're not there around the holidays?

Use the address Gustavo.turcios@gmail.com and he should reply. That's the address I used about 5 days ago and he responded in about 2 days. I tried 3-4 other "links" and none of those worked. But the "Gustavo dot turcios at gmail dot com did work...

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were there last week while cruising on the Ryndam, and went on his cultural tour which is still a really good one. He offers another one called Jaguar caves hike now but we like visiting the school children so we went back to the same tour we have done before. The highlights were bringing supplies and goodies to the children at the school along the Rio Dulce, stopping at the tortilla shack home and eating fresh tortillas, the hot springs were cool but a little crowded for such a small spot, eating the included lunch at Gus's restaurant, and shopping in Livingston. We have done this tour before, so we noticed a few things that could be improved upon. First we had to turn our guide boat around after leaving on time for our tour to pick up several late passengers. The boat got really crowded and even a little scary with so many people in it. Also, we had to wait awhile at his restaurant for the food to be served, and then were told to wait after that for some dance that was going to happen after lunch. Well I knew if we waited for this dance to happen we would have very little time to shop in Livingston, so I told our guide we were going to skip that and agreed on where to meet him in town.

Thank goodness we did, since others on the trip told me the dance thing was hokey and kind of a waste of time. I got some shopping done and found some great deals on trinkets. I would have liked to have had more time in Livingston though, since there seemed a lot going on. Anyway got back on our overloaded boat and made it back with about on hour to spare. I still recommend this tour since the cultural experience can't be beat with the other tours offered at the port. Gus is also very personable and runs a tight ship as far as his tours are concerned. Highly recommended.

Use the address Gustavo.turcios@gmail.com and he should reply. That's the address I used about 5 days ago and he responded in about 2 days. I tried 3-4 other "links" and none of those worked. But the "Gustavo dot turcios at gmail dot com did work...

Good luck!

Guess Gus is not going anymore. Emailed him a couple of times from his web site mentioned above and this email address. No responses. Web site and no responses is not a good sign. Will look for other options.

Dan

• 1 month later...

Gus is still in business. We went there Feb 8 while on the Oceania Riviera ship and took his 7-Altars and Las Velas Beach tour. I would not recommend it... There is no water coming over the "falls" at the 7-altars although we knew this would likely be the case since it's not the rainy season. But it's a VERY difficult hike up these 7 pool over rough, rocky (very large rocks) ground and four of our group of 20 had to turn back. Also the Las Velas Beach part of the tour was VERY trashy... Lots of trash had washed up along the beach. It is a very small beach and the water was totally opaque... you couldn't see anything in it at all... it was kind of muddy. Not a good beach at all!

Maybe things are different in other seasons, but that's what we found when we were there.

Only "plus" was the delicious lunch Gus served at his Hotel... fantastic local fish with a mango salsa or some-such accompaniment. If it weren't for that, it might have been a total loss.

It was also interesting walking around the town of Livingston, although it's a very poor town, and quite dirty with mangy dogs everywhere -- so people that are looking for a nice, clean touristy place... forget about it. But if you want to see how the lower 1% live, this is the tour for you.

Guess Gus is not going anymore. Emailed him a couple of times from his web site mentioned above and this email address. No responses. Web site and no responses is not a good sign. Will look for other options.

Dan

This was my experience as well, last year. I gave up and used someone else.

However, I will note that for some reason, I regularly receive emails from LinkedIn asking me to be Gus's friend. Oh well. :rolleyes: