Taxi Service Papeete

papaflamingo

We are overnighting in Papeete in Nov. on Regent Mariner. My wife and I have decided to go to the Intercontinental Hotel for their "Marquesas Night" luau. We will be taking a taxi from the port about 5 pm and then returning around 9 pm or so. Does anyone know if there will be a problem getting taxis? From what I can see, seems they run all night or at least late into the evening? Any advice?

Thanks

There should not be an issue. There is a taxi stand across the street from the dock. Not sure this is the best use of your time though. The food truck scene at the port is very impressive.

Thank you for the info. My wife really wants to do the luau...."happy wife, happy life." :)

I may talk to her about the food trucks though. We don't leave until 8 pm the second day so may hit the food trucks before reboarding ship prior to departure.

There should not be an issue. There is a taxi stand across the street from the dock. Not sure this is the best use of your time though. The food truck scene at the port is very impressive.

Another question... what time do the food trucks start selling? Thinking might be a great idea for lunch.

• 4 weeks later...