Indian E Visas Requirements

sorry if I did this earlier, bnut can anyone give me information about uploading passport photos on an application form?

The photo must be 2 inches square, but the one in our passports is 3x4 when it is scanned on my pc, and it will not crop to a square shape. Are there any shops that can do what is required? If I had new photos, they wouldn't be the same as the passport ones, and apparently if they are rejected, the application must be made again and you have to pay again as your payment is not refunded.

we fly to dubai and cruise to several ports along the western coast,in December.

Murfee33

Thank you for your help. We are not calling at Port Blair, Originally the info re e visas was that they were called multiple, but later there was an update for our itinerary and we just need "an E Visa purchased on line."Nothing was said about the details, so we assume they will be the same as those originally described.

We have learned never to take for granted visa info given by any cruise line without double or triple checking that we have been given the correct info by looking at official websites elsewhere. This because countries can and do change visa requirements and eligibility and we have found in the past on second or even third visits that the criteria may have changed since a first or previous visits. It can also change depending on how you arrive in a country. Other reasons are that cruise lines staff do not always know the exact info, and sometimes visas for cruise passengers to some countries can be issued onboard.

They (I assume Marella) would have changed the earlier info because a "multiple entry tourist e-visa" does not exist. Concerned that I may have given misleading info on the other thread and wanting to change that if I had, I looked at the FCO and the Indian High Commission websites. My own understanding is that the current e-visa is a double entry only, which means you could only (maybe) use it if you had no more than two Indian ports. This is only one of the reasons why it is usually not suited to cruise passengers with British passports who often visit more than two. In this instance, the advice is usually to apply for a multiple entry regular tourist visa.

I had only wanted to give a friendly warning to others what to be wary off as we witnessed the upset and anger by passengers without the correct documentation on the cruise mentioned on the other thread. As I am certainly no visa expert (and why would anyone take advice from a poster on an internet forum anyway?) and as you won't visit until December in any case, you are too early to apply now, so you have time to maybe check their info before and even e-mail for visa advice before sending an application and fees for an e-visa which would not be refunded if this wasn't the correct type of visa. Remember to mention that you will be onboard a cruise ship (not a ferry) and list your Indian ports.

Again, my apologies for any confusion I caused you.

• 1 month later...

I spent ages doing things to get the photo sizes/and after getting our friend whose work is in IT, he sorted out things, and as with most amateurs, I had been trying too hard,and making unnecessary work for myself.

my result has come through in well under the 72 hours quoted, and now we just have to get OH's result,as it was done the following day. We have to apply for a free ETA for Sri Lanka, but that can be done on line a couple of weeks before we go.

Thanks to everyone who offered words of caution and advice, which was appreciated.

Still haven't heard from anyone else going on the same cruise, maybe they don't visit critic.

• 2 weeks later...

just want to let anyone know to be really careful to input the correct email address,or else the confirmation will go to the one filled in,even if it is wrong,and it is the DEVIL'S own job to get it changed. Be warned,thankfully Tui sorted it for us.