Anyone booked Marella Explorer 2 yet? Don't know what to do!!

I've cruised twice, both times with Royal Caribbean on their smaller ships and they were perfect for us. Our in-laws have decided they would like to go on a cruise next year but want us to go with them as they haven't travelled abroad for over 30 years.

For my husband and I we like an all-inclusive drinks package if possible but Royal aren't offering this yet, Celebrity prices are way over what we want to pay and NCL don't have an itinerary we like from the Med at the time of year we want to go.

I know it's not even cruising till May 2019 but would you say it will compare to Royal? I can't seem to find much information on it (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but I've been googling and can't see much).

We are booked Explorer 2 next June - Naples based and the itineraries are great. We have cruised with most lines but for us Thomson/TUI suits us best. The ship will be TUI largest, but not massive, we prefer smaller ships. And of course adults only.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ah, interesting, Vitalsign

The last cruise we went on that was a maiden was Island Escape back in 2002. There were 'teething troubles' indeed and we eventually got half our money back no issue. I would have preferred a nice relaxing cruise though. We had vowed at the time we would never do another :o:o:o:o:o:o

Nothing to be done now, will just have to hope for the best and assume they'll have experienced staff (imported from other Marella ships) who have had enough time to familiarise themselves with routines etc. Also, I will focus on the three days in Majorca, when I get to meet an old friend who lives in the town we are staying at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve just booked too. Going on the 16th April sailing from Majorca. 7 night cruise 4 nights in a hotel, flights from local airport. JS cabin, all in less that £1400. I was looking at RCL sailing in the Caribbean and the 10 night NCL Med sailing on the 18th, but at the price Marella were asking, I thought I’d give them a try. If you don’t try you don’t know. It might be awful or it might be great time will tell.

The ship was previously the Celebrity Centuary, before going to China, so if you google that or search on cruise critic you can find lots of info about different rooms. Looks like the cabins are staying the same from looking at both sets of deck plans.

• 1 month later...

We have booked the Explorer 2 for November 24 2019 back to back Paradise Islands and Seven Shores in the Caribbean - first cruise but 14th time to the Caribbean - and to be flying from Scotland is even better - to say we're excited is a severe understatement!!!!!

On 11/24/2018 at 4:48 PM, Lexa25 said:

We've just booked the Explorer 2 for July 31st for two weeks. Adriatic Splendours and Mediterranean Gems. It's our first ever cruise, so we're very excited. Adult only ship appealed to us!

On the very same cruise. The adult only cruise appealed. our 4th cruise, but the first in the med.

• 1 month later...

We're on the Explorer 2 14th August Adriatic Splendours for our honeymoon this is my 4th cruise with TUI and loved them all!! 

I'm also having the same problems as others on here don't know a great deal about the ship. However still looking forward to the trip 👍 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of booking the Explorer 2 cruise departing 9th April - anyone else on that? I'm a little nervous about booking to go so soon after the maiden voyage but the itinerary looks good and being adults only during school holiday weeks is a rare thing to find.

On 7/20/2018 at 9:02 PM, dizzyc said:

I've cruised twice, both times with Royal Caribbean on their smaller ships and they were perfect for us. Our in-laws have decided they would like to go on a cruise next year but want us to go with them as they haven't travelled abroad for over 30 years.

For my husband and I we like an all-inclusive drinks package if possible but Royal aren't offering this yet, Celebrity prices are way over what we want to pay and NCL don't have an itinerary we like from the Med at the time of year we want to go.

I know it's not even cruising till May 2019 but would you say it will compare to Royal? I can't seem to find much information on it (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but I've been googling and can't see much).

I have just found this.

https://www.tui.co.uk/cruise/ships/marella-explorer-2/?im_id=PPC&msclkid=ec3ec73365d51f28460c9b7815545b75&gclid=CO2E3-vhieACFcQBGwodFGEMoQ&gclsrc=ds

I’ve had an advertising email from Iglu Cruise cruise this morning and Explorer 2 is featured in the April 2019 listings, there are even three reviews.considering the fact that this ship hasn’t sailed under the Marella flag yet that’s amazing. 😂😂

On 11/28/2018 at 4:21 PM, focus60 said:

On the very same cruise. The adult only cruise appealed. our 4th cruise, but the first in the med.

Us 2 😁😁 first time cruisers for the hubbys 50th birthday. So excited x 

Wee Magoo...... I’ve also booked on these 2 cruises on 24th November but am flying from Manchester  and am  really looking forward to it. I’ve cruised before and love it so I’m sure you will get hooked too 🚢😄  I’ve also booked on this ship for the Mediterranean Adventures cruise on 23rd April so I’ll let you know what it’s like. I’m sure it’ll be fine 👍🏽😊