Marriott Hotels near port in Baltimore

sayvan

Any recommendations on where to stay prior to August Cruise out of Baltimore? Prefer Marriott hotels. Just not sure of locations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are several in the downtown area. Which is not far from the port. I do not know if they offer a shuttle service to the port.

But there are at least 2 Marriotts, a Courtyard and a Renaissance. Also a Marriott at the BWI airport. They offer airport shuttle, so might provide a shuttle to the port.

Marriott Waterfront in Harbor East (My preference - Plat for Life here!)

Marriott Inner Harbor Camden Yards (Haven't stayed in a while, trying in a couple months)

Renaissance (Second Fave)

Delta Hotel by Marriott (newish, was supposed to be something else, it's 2 buildings they made into 1 hotel. As a result, some floors are not even with others. Don't ask, HARD to explain. It's nice, sort of Full-Service Light, Select Service Plus. No concierge lounge, but there's an "elite pantry" with free snacks and stuff. Tends to be cheaper)

Fairfield Inn (skip this)

Courtyard Harbor East (not bad, but it's a Courtyard)

Residence Inn (never stayed)

I think there's a SpringHill too....I'd go with one of the 2 full service. The Waterfront Marriott is VERY nice but if there's a concert at the amphitheater, some rooms can get noisy til around 11 PM

I'm there all the time, if you have any more questions, fire away. Plenty of food and shopping within a couple blocks of the Waterfront Marriott too. I prefer the Harbor East area. It's still Inner Harbor but not the older section, which IMO is kinda showing its age and isn't as nice as it was back in the day.

AFAIK none offer shuttles BUT cab is around 15-20 or so, Uber/Lyft will be less-10-12ish IIRC

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses. Is the area safe for strolling the night life? Also a platinum member so thanks for the recommendations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Inner Harbor area is OK.

But I would not go outside that immediate area (Little Italy is OK). Some areas are OK, and some are NOT.

As a tourist, just stay there.

I've walked to CVS twice, after midnight, when I was suffering from a sudden case of majorly clogged nose. Not many people around once, but I felt safer than I have in the Inner Harbor area in daylight. Another time, after the movie let out there were dozens of people looking.for their Ubers...

Not that I suggest being out at all hours, but I walked fast and decided that my lack of ability to breathe came first.

I've walked to CVS twice, after midnight, when I was suffering from a sudden case of majorly clogged nose. Not many people around once, but I felt safer than I have in the Inner Harbor area in daylight. Another time, after the movie let out there were dozens of people looking.for their Ubers...

Not that I suggest being out at all hours, but I walked fast and decided that my lack of ability to breathe came first.

Hi Meg, yes Harborplace and Harbor East are two different worlds. ;p;p;p;)

Heck, I am old enough to remember when there was only the USF&G building in the Inner Harbor.

How about Connolly Seafood and the boat from the Eastern Shore docked next to it that use to sell watermelon from it.

Grassmick Lumber Company

How about Connolly Seafood and the boat from the Eastern Shore docked next to it that use to sell watermelon from it.

Grassmick Lumber Company

Never saw that.

But first time I was at the Inner Harbor, the entire pavillion area, down to and around where the Science Center is, over the Rusty Scupper, was all a big open space of dirt.

But the old days, when McCormick was still down there, the SMELLS when they ground spices.

Never saw that.

But first time I was at the Inner Harbor, the entire pavillion area, down to and around where the Science Center is, over the Rusty Scupper, was all a big open space of dirt.

But the old days, when McCormick was still down there, the SMELLS when they ground spices.

The old News American paper building that was right across the street from what is now Harborplace.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

We have reservations at the Marriott in East harbor. Two questions:

1. What is your opinion of the water taxi as a way to see a little of Baltimore the day before our cruise?

2. Any nice dinner restaurants within walking distance of the Marriott East Harbor? We prefer something to give us a local flavor of Baltimore.

Thank You!

We have reservations at the Marriott in East harbor. Two questions:

1. What is your opinion of the water taxi as a way to see a little of Baltimore the day before our cruise?

2. Any nice dinner restaurants within walking distance of the Marriott East Harbor? We prefer something to give us a local flavor of Baltimore.

Thank You!

It's Harbor East btw ;)

The restaurant in the hotel is pretty good. I've heard good things about Cinghale (Italian, close by) Some places in Little Italy are very good, others are so-so.

I generally hit happy hour at one of the places close by.

Water taxi is fun. I haven't done it in quite some time but you can ride it around the harbor and to Fell's Point, lots of places to eat there. SKIP Phillips, it's way too touristy and the food is mediocre.