Uber to Cape Liberty

nonnie&dgd

Has anyone used Uber from Embassy Suites to Port Liberty? Looking for prices. Never used Uber before and don't know how it works. Wanted to know if it is cheaper than using the shuttle.

Uber works strictly from a smartphone app. You download the uber app, then set up an account with your credit card. To get a ride, you open the app. It will ask for your destination so you type that in. It will give you options for different levels of uber service along with prices. Tap the one you want and it will ask you to confirm your current location. It will then connect you to a nearby driver and tell you approximately how long the wait will be. You'll be able to see on the map where your driver is, and follow their progress getting to you. It will also give you the driver's first name and a picture of them (it's small though), and tell you the model and color of their car and the tag number. There's a place that says "contact driver" so if you need to give them some kind of special instructions you can then call or text them. When the ride is complete, you'll get a notification from uber or you can go to the app and rate the driver and give them an optional tip via the app if you so choose. You can also tip in cash if you so choose. Or you can not tip at all if you so choose.

I find Uber to be super convenient and easy, but I would strongly suggest that you download the app and take a couple of short rides around town before using it on vacation for the very first time! Oh, and I've used Uber a bunch of times in NYC. There are tons of uber drivers so you don't usually have to wait long for a driver.

Has anyone used Uber from Embassy Suites to Port Liberty? Looking for prices. Never used Uber before and don't know how it works. Wanted to know if it is cheaper than using the shuttle.

Yes it's cheaper,,,quicker and easier...we paid (from Country Inn & Suites which is just across the street from Embassy) approx $25.00 I believe last October total for both of us...shuttle will probably be $18.00 per person from Embassy to Port Liberty.

Uber has a link on their web site to get fare cost by entering you pick up and drop off address. We are staying at Embassy suites as well and will either use Uber or a car service as we have never used Uber.

Joe

Thanks every one. There will be three of us so $60 for the shuttle. Looks like Uber is the way to go.

Absolutely...It was our first time using Uber (ever anywhere)..... EWR to hotel...hotel to Cape Liberty and Cape Liberty back to EWR...so easy !!

• 1 month later...
Ashland. Thanks for answering. Those are my exact plans!

When we have big bags we will look at the cost for Uber X (that's the bigger cars like Suburbans), just in case. You don't want them showing up in a Prius. Not that much more expensive.

And ask the driver where they do pick ups on the return if you would use them again, it's not always the same place.