Discrepancy of arrival/departure time in port

megbowlstrike

Hi! I don't know how best to explain this but here it goes. We are on the Carnival Vista in Oct out of Galveston and the Carnival site has us in port from 7am-3pm. Ship time will be central time. The Cayman port site has us in port from 8am-4pm. I researched online and Cayman is on central time until the time change in Nov 2018, at which point they will be the same as eastern time.

We have a group of 9 booked for Rays, Reef, and Rum Point with Nativeway. They just sent an email and changed our tour time to 9am-2:45pm, which won't work with the ship's itinerary in accordance with Carnival. So now, time is an issue and I'm trying to figure out why there is a discrepancy between the Carnival site and the Cayman port website.

Any ideas? I'm now wondering if my group needs to find another tour or if Carnival is maybe changing our port time and hasn't updated the itinerary yet.

• 1 month later...

Is it because the Vista is currently homeported in the Eastern time zone. Maybe the Cayman port schedule will adjust once she transfers to Galveston.

My take away is that you will meet them 1 hour after the ship arrives. They WILL have you back on time.

FWIW, I emailed with Sharon from Native Ways last night and explained the discrepancy and said I would need to cancel if the times she was stating were right and she changed the time of the tour. But we were the only ship in port that day She goes off ship time which should match your itinerary and matches the time on Cruise TT. Your ship and dates show 7-3 on cruise TT but the two other ships in port arrive later and leave later according to cruise TT. Email her and ask about it but I wouldn't be surprised if your timing doesn't work for the excursion. Although there may be enough people from Vista to make a separate tour. There is a shorter tour that does not include Rum Point from Native Ways that she originally suggested I take before she understood the time issue.

• 3 weeks later...