Exclusive Gold, Platinum and Titanium activities on every voyage

Portolan

Crystal, very eloquently well stated. We also have moved on but to Silversea--the near $1000 Explorer per diems indeed are sky high (we paid less than $500 for our Silversea maiden crossing five years ago). A similar 14 day Med cruise on Silversea this summer

(SS for Med voyages in 2015, now includes excursions and wifi (no suite category limitation)) costs nearly $5000 less than the Explorer med voyage. A 14 day med voyage on the Voyager costs nearly $3000 more than a 14 day voyage on SS.

Do not remember what our GPT event was two years ago when we last sailed Regent. Do remember the perks we get each time we now sail with Silversea. We get free laundry and 5% discount on all Silversea cruises for being Regent's Gold equivalent on Silversea. Service, Cuisine, and perks pulled us away from Regent to Silversea.

Edited by WesW

Good idea for a thread, Scott.

Our favorite Titanium, Platinum and Gold event, hands down, occurred on the February, 2014 Miami-Miami Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Navigator. CD Lorraine invited passenger and Grammy Award-winning jazz composer/musician Bob Wilber to play a six-song set in the Seven Seas Lounge accompanied by the full Regent Orchestra. You could immediately tell the musicians were excited to play with Wilbur. The four-member horn section even left their seats to flank Bob as he wailed on his curved soprano sax and clarinet. For added spice, Wilbur's wife, Joanne "Pug" Horton, a jazzy singer in the style of Peggy Lee, contributed vocals on several of the tunes, including the rousing finale, "When the Saints Go Marching In."

The other event that comes to mind was our most recent one: a gourmet breakfast in the Stars Lounge on the May, 2014 Vancouver-Vancouver cruise, where Regent officers/staff actually outnumbered the seven T,P & Gold members!

Edited by Mr Rumor

• 3 years later...

Bumping this thread since there hasn't been a specific post regarding these events for three years. I'll add that in that time we had the following G,P&T events:

November 2015 on Voyager: "Exclusive Show" in the Constellation Theater (we don't recall this at all so not as memorable as some of these events have been)

April 2017 on Explorer B2B: 1st segment "exclusive Cocktail Reception featuring Piano Entertainer David Brooks" which was great...he's a fantastic entertainer and this gave us another performance with him; 2nd segment "exclusive Cocktail Reception" (no mention of entertainment and no recollection, so underwhelming)

May 2018 on Mariner: "VIP Insights to Sitka" with Terry Breen which was very good...she's a great presenter and this gave us another presentation with her

So, while not quite the caliber we'd experienced in earlier years on Regent, they were mostly worthwhile. The core issue is that Regent is gaining higher tier SS Society members faster than they are being lost (witness the addition of two new even higher tiers this past year). A possible solution would be to separate the Gold members (of which we are two) from the Platinum and up members to make the numbers more manageable. Pump up the volume (not literally!) for the latter group and keep the Gold level at (at least) the same level. I will add that we'll be Platinum on our second upcoming cruise so this may seem a bit disingenuous, but I've suggested this before (when Platinum was many years out).

In my opinion these events are not as good as in the past and is likely due to the sheer number of people in this category (Gold, Platinum, Titanium, Diamond and Commodore). Perhaps it is time to break it down more and include only Titanium, Diamond and Commodore for a more exclusive experience and a theater performance for Gold and Platinum?

It takes so long to go from Gold to Platinum (75 to 200 nights) there are people that have. been Gold for years (and the same will be true for Titaniums - they will need 600 nights to get to the Diamond level).

In my opinion these events are not as good as in the past and is likely due to the sheer number of people in this category (Gold, Platinum, Titanium, Diamond and Commodore). Perhaps it is time to break it down more and include only Titanium, Diamond and Commodore for a more exclusive experience and a theater performance for Gold and Platinum?

It takes so long to go from Gold to Platinum (75 to 200 nights) there are people that have. been Gold for years (and the same will be true for Titaniums - they will need 600 nights to get to the Diamond level).

Though we are Titanium now, from the time we were Gold we have always stated (in the comment cards) that Titanium needed to have something really special....well, now that would be Titanium, Diamond, Commodore. On som of our recent voyages it seemed that most everyone waa "Gold and above" which as others have said really kind of dilutes the experience. Not really an "exclusive" feeling anymore as it's just not logistically practical with so many guests to include.

Now called an “Upper Tier” event. Just getting off the Navigator’s 89 night Grand Arctic Splendor, these events were cocktails in the Seven Seas Lounge with musical entertainment. Usually someone already on the ship: Chef Ronald on piano or a member of the Signature Orchestra playing their instrument or the Signature Singers and Dancers.

Now called an “Upper Tier” event. Just getting off the Navigator’s 89 night Grand Arctic Splendor, these events were cocktails in the Seven Seas Lounge with musical entertainment. Usually someone already on the ship: Chef Ronald on piano or a member of the Signature Orchestra playing their instrument or the Signature Singers and Dancers.

You're right - forgot about renaming "TPG" to "Upper Tier" - good choice of names. Out of curiosity, has one of the lounges on Navigator been renamed "Seven Seas Lounge"? I'm not familiar with the name.

• 2 months later...

Just found this thread - and FWIW, I agree that there should be something special for the Upper Tier passengers.  We just hit Gold a while back and like TC said, it'll be YEARS before we step up again - it took us 8 years to hit Gold, for Pete's sake!

When you look at the amount of money it takes to hit each tier, Regent should definitely offer something for the people who keep coming back again and again.  I can see doing a quick cocktail reception for Gold and above, but there should be something special for either Titanium and up or at least Diamond and up...I mean, you figure Diamond is 1,000 nights...most often, this is a couple sailing together at an average cost of what, $800-1,000 per night, per person (in today's dollars)?  You're looking at a million six to two mil to get to that level - I think that's worth a nice private dinner or event, don't you?  Even Titanium comes in at $640K for a couple...

But then again, over a thousand nights on Regent ships is its own reward, isn't it?   :classic_biggrin:

But back to what originally brought me to this thread in the search...

Does anyone know roughly (or exactly) how many people there are in each tier?  I know figuring Silver and Gold will probably be some big numbers, but it should be a pretty exclusive club in the true upper tiers.

I agree there probably should be a special event for the upper-upper tiers.

We've been Gold for years, and would never get past that, except if and when we do our WC two years from now, we will automatically get bumped to Platinum on boarding I believe. (Nobody seems to care about the measly Plats!)  For better or for worse, most of the benefits from Plat will be already included in the WC experience, like free laundry and dry cleaning.

Does anyone know if all benefits kick in as soon as you board the ship and your level will be bumped on that cruise?  I'm thinking of excursion discounts, things like that.

Wendy, you will become Platinum as soon as you set foot on the ship and will receive all of the benefits. By the time you do the world cruise, payment for excursions will not need to be paid for in advance -- OBC's will be taken out of your account upon boarding (minus the discount).