Restaurant Reservations

Tomorrow we are able to book our restaurant reservations for our upcoming cruise in December on the Explorer.

1. What time will the website allow bookings? Regent's website says midnight eastern time. Just want to confirm this. I suppose that would be tonight after 9 pm then since I am on the West Coast.

2. From what I have read it appears that I can make one reservation in Pacific Rim, Chartreuse and Prime 7? Cruise length is 15 nights.

3. Are there certain days to avoid making reservations such as Christmas Eve, New Years Eve and Captain dinners? I would assume there would be more festivities in the main dining room on those days?

Thanks!

Tomorrow we are able to book our restaurant reservations for our upcoming cruise in December on the Explorer.

1. What time will the website allow bookings? Regent's website says midnight eastern time. Just want to confirm this. I suppose that would be tonight after 9 pm then since I am on the West Coast.

9 pm on the West Coast is correct.

2. From what I have read it appears that I can make one reservation in Pacific Rim, Chartreuse and Prime 7? Cruise length is 15 nights.

Correct.

3. Are there certain days to avoid making reservations such as Christmas Eve, New Years Eve and Captain dinners? I would assume there would be more festivities in the main dining room on those days?

I like Compass Rose on Christmas and New Years eves. I think the Captain’s Welcome and Farewell dinners are too crowded. They may have some special menu items but those items usually can be special ordered for other nights. We usually book a specialty restaurant or go to Sette Mari on those nights.

Thanks!

Carol,

Answers above. BTW, we’ll be cruising with you on the Tokyo to Tokyo cruise in 2021.

The Captain's Welcome is generally the 2nd night onboard (unless you ship overnights in port). The Farewell is the second to the last night (again, unless the ship overnights in the last port).

We enjoy CR on these nights as there are some special items on the menu but make sure to get there early due to the crowds that go directly from the cocktail party to CR. Another "special" night is the night of the Seven Seas Society. I only mention this because this is the night that Regent usually has Miso Glazed Sea Bass on the menu.

We always try to book a reservation for the last night since we want a nice, quiet meal in a small dining venue.

Your cruise is getting closer. Hope that you enjoy every moment!

Carol, I may be misremembering, but I hope not. My (definitely fallible) memory tells me that on a 15 night cruise you'll be able to have 2 reservations in each restaurant. Since a reservation in each is available for a week cruise (I think?), it would stand to reason that there'd be 2 for a 2 week cruise. I seem to remember that we could not book for both weeks in advance, but that somehow once on board, we could reserve for the next week. Again, not real sure of this. And I trust DaveFr and Tc more than myself on such details, so I'm no doubt mistaken. Your TA should be able to give a definitive answer.

(Plus remember that there are often possibilities for extra nights once you are on ship, especially if you enjoy sharing a table.)

Carol, I may be misremembering, but I hope not. My (definitely fallible) memory tells me that on a 15 night cruise you'll be able to have 2 reservations in each restaurant. Since a reservation in each is available for a week cruise (I think?), it would stand to reason that there'd be 2 for a 2 week cruise. I seem to remember that we could not book for both weeks in advance, but that somehow once on board, we could reserve for the next week. Again, not real sure of this. And I trust DaveFr and Tc more than myself on such details, so I'm no doubt mistaken. Your TA should be able to give a definitive answer.

(Plus remember that there are often possibilities for extra nights once you are on ship, especially if you enjoy sharing a table.)

The only cruises we got to reserve in advance twice for each specialty restaurants were "back-to-back" cruises. You'll find out for sure when you try to reserve on line.

Our best New Year's eve EVER was on the Explorer!

We like the lunches in the Explorer specialty restaurants more than the dinners. Remember to consider the aft deck of Sette Mari for sail-aways from special ports.

We have only done 1 RSS voyage (on Voyager). We booked our 1 restaurant each reservation on-line. After eating in Prime 7 first time, DW decided that she needed more crab legs. We managed to get 2 further reservations to Prime 7 during our 20 night voyage.

You're able to confirm one reservation for each specialty restaurant prior to sailing, and any additional evenings once on board pending availability. This is to allow all guests the opportunity to reserve and dine once in each specialty restaurant during their voyage.

On shorter sailings... ie. 7-10 days, it's typically one reservation for each specialty restaurant that may be enjoyed. On the longer sailings, you can usually secure another reservation or two.

• 5 months later...

As Chartreuse is sometimes open for lunch, do you need a reservation for that as well or just for dinners there? If you do need reservation for lunch, I assume that it would count as one of your reservations.

Also, the website does not indicate that you need a reservation for Prime 7 - is that correct?

TIA.

Yes you do need a reservation for Dinner in Prime 7.

On Explorer, Chartreuse and Prime 7 are open for a lunch menu (alternating between each restaurant on port days; both are open on sea days). No reservations are required for lunch.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:05 PM, Paulchili said:

Thank you flossie

Where can I find the lunch menus for those two restaurants? I can see the dinner menus.

Menu's like do not exist on the Regent website since most of their ships do not offer lunch in these dining venues.  IMHO, the food is great in both Chartreuse and P7 for lunch but there is way too much food.  When you get on Explorer, give it a try and see what you think.  "Specials" in these dining venues change daily.  In Chartreuse, we love the chicken with mushroom sauce but there is a 1/2 of a chicken.  For us this is way too much food.