RSSC Website Glitches

On Saturday night, we deployed a website update to the MyAccount section and that is the reason why the system did not show active bookings from 6pm EST to 2am EST. I apologize that the downtime was not acknowledged with a website message. We'll detail this on any future deployments accordingly. Saturday night happens to the best time for us to complete these types of updates as all of our global offices are closed and when we experience our lowest traffic.

Ultimately, we have rolled out a new enhancement that relates to Shipboard Credits and the ability to use pre-cruise. Additional information will be shared more formally this week once we complete the testing and QA throughout today and tomorrow. The new enhancement applies only to bookings sailing May 1, 2019 or later. Once we've completed the testing, I'll come back and answer additional questions.

Edited by Jason OKeefe

On Saturday night, we deployed a website update to the MyAccount section and that is the reason why the system did not show active bookings from 6pm EST to 2am EST. I apologize that the downtime was not acknowledged with a website message. We'll detail this on any future deployments accordingly. Saturday night happens to the best time for us to complete these types of updates as all of our global offices are closed and when we experience our lowest traffic.

Ultimately, we have rolled out a new enhancement that relates to Shipboard Credits and the ability to use pre-cruise. Additional information will be shared more formally this week once we complete the testing and QA throughout today and tomorrow. The new enhancement applies only to bookings sailing May 1, 2019 or later. Once we've completed the testing, I'll come back and answer additional questions.

Jason

Thanks for being so pro-active on this site. It’s wonderful that you are sharing so much information and keeping us in the loop.

I guess that’s why we are Regent sailors.

Sheila

Thanks for update Jason! :)

I see something new, and potentially useful, on the website. I'm looking at our June 2019 cruise under "Booked Cruises" and it now shows the amount of my shipboard credit from my TA. When I click on that it shows amount remaining and allows me to view purchases that I used credits for (none so far). An easy way to monitor our balance will be nice.

This is new, right?

We had been looking at this cruise and due to timing....blah blah blah, it didn't work. Sitting in a waiting room and reading a magazine, I think this cruise is listed as a charter. Was this mentioned to you at the time of booking?

We had been looking at this cruise and due to timing....blah blah blah, it didn't work. Sitting in a waiting room and reading a magazine, I think this cruise is listed as a charter. Was this mentioned to you at the time of booking?

That's news to me. What makes you think it's a charter?

Check out Hillsdale College June 1 on Explorer. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Maybe wrong year. Sorry.

I googled Hillsdale College with Regent and found something on a Regent cruise but it's not this cruise. It's June 1 to June 13 and is a British Isles itinerary. It is not a charter. It's not unusual for a group to book a number of cabins on a particular cruise but anyone could book this cruise.

That June 1 cruise is mine, though. It's not a charter, but it looks like a group booking by the college. They've got a very interesting list of speakers scheduled for their group; I wonder if I'll be able to sneak into a couple of their seminars.

This doesn't bother me. It's much better than a corporate outing.Those can be disastrous.

:):):):)

I googled Hillsdale College with Regent and found something on a Regent cruise but it's not this cruise. It's June 1 to June 13 and is a British Isles itinerary. It is not a charter. It's not unusual for a group to book a number of cabins on a particular cruise but anyone could book this cruise.

Yes of course....but I guess it's somebody's cruise. We have been on cruises with smallish groups and have never really been bothered. Please enjoy.

:):):):)

Yes of course....but I guess it's somebody's cruise. We have been on cruises with smallish groups and have never really been bothered. Please enjoy.

A charter would mean a group reserved an entire cruise and nobody could book it who is not part of the charter group. A charter cruise would not be on the website. Of course many cruises have "groups" on cruises. That is different and not a charter.