Dec 2018 Mex Port Tour Info

Hazegreyunderway

Hi all

We will be taking a princess cruise this Dec and want to try some snorkeling/ boat type tours. We’ve been to the ports on previous cruises but not in December.

If anyone out there in cruise critic land can look over these ship sponsored tours and have opinions, good or bad, it would be appreciated.

Puerto Vallarta

1. Yelapa mahajuitas beach tour 7 hours

Catamaran and open bar on the ride back

2. Marietas islands snorkel

6 hours $80

Mazatlan

Mini speed boat and all inclusiveness beach escape. The guide says we can captain our own vessel on a guided tour? Not sure how that works.

5 hours. $100

Cabo

Sea of Cortez zodiac raft and snorkel

3 hours

$70

Snuba

2.5 hours

$80

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Marietas Islands are far out of the bay and more in the pacific ocean and takes time. Because of that the water will be cooler but then on the Yelapa Tour. If you want to snorkel however Marietas are better. While sailing in the bay in December on both tours you might see some whales.

Marietas Islands are far out of the bay and more in the pacific ocean and takes time. Because of that the water will be cooler but then on the Yelapa Tour. If you want to snorkel however Marietas are better. While sailing in the bay in December on both tours you might see some whales.

I’m curious about snorkeling options too. Trying to decide if tours in Cabo or PV would have better sea life/corals. We’ve snorkeled many other places in the pacific and Caribbean, but not along the pacific coast of Central America.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good point on the geography lesson. I was thinking about how we opted to skip snorkeling on the west coast of Costa Rica (which is in Central America) a few years ago hearing that the pacific side of that area wasn't great either. We live in AZ and have been to rocky point, warm water there for sure, but not much for snorkeling either.

• 1 month later...