Anytime dining. How do you tip?

Nevada Jen

we got stuck with anytime dining. How do you tip? With early we tipped once at the end of the cruise. Assuming I only tip once, do I give one to to the head waiter to split with the others or do I to the assistants separately?

With ATD, you won't have the same wait staff unless you request them every night. If you do, the best way if you want to tip extra would be to each one individually. That way you know for sure that each one gets the tip. That's what I would do anyway.

we got stuck with anytime dining. How do you tip? With early we tipped once at the end of the cruise. Assuming I only tip once, do I give one to to the head waiter to split with the others or do I to the assistants separately?

Simple, leave your auto grats in place and you won't have to do anything. The servers will get their share. If you have a service team you like you can request them every night and then if you want to tip additional just give it to them directly.

Simple, leave your auto grats in place and you won't have to do anything. The servers will get their share. If you have a service team you like you can request them every night and then if you want to tip additional just give it to them directly.

That is what I would do, like to get to know our servers and them to get to know our preferences

We had anytime dining and just loved it. Never had a wait.

We also just pre-paid the gratuity and forgot about tipping. You need not pre-pay, just leave the automatic gratuity in place and all tips are taken care of for you. It's such an easy concept, and perfect for a stress-free cruise.

Of course you can always tip individuals more if they give you exceptional service, and we did, but you need not tip every person who serves you.

Our servers did attempt to learn our names, and the hostesses did attempt to seat us in the same area each evening, after asking if we had a preference for server. We always said no preference. All the service was just fine in my opinion.

The only thing they consistently got wrong was when one of my table mates would ask for Chocolate Milk at breakfast, they always would bring him Hot Chocolate. He had to ask a second time every meal!

We leave the automatic gratuities as is. If we like our waitstaff, we request them every evening. Then, we may give extra to the head waiter on the last evening to split with the team. If there was no reason to request the same staff, we are not likely to tip extra.

I can't imagine not tipping extra but it sounds like that is standard with ATD. next tipping question, at the steak house do you hand them the tip discreetly or leave it on the table like you would in a regular restaurant? Are those waiters even included in auto tips?

I can't imagine not tipping extra but it sounds like that is standard with ATD. next tipping question, at the steak house do you hand them the tip discreetly or leave it on the table like you would in a regular restaurant? Are those waiters even included in auto tips?

Specialty restaurants aren't included in the auto-gratuities (that wouldn't be fair to those who don't eat there) but iirc gratuity is included in the price of the steakhouse. You can however tip extra when you sign if you wish.

Also the auto gratuities isn't just standard with ATD, that's standard with ALL dining on the ship. (sans the specialty dining as mentioned above)

We ask for same wait staff once we find it...typically on first night we go when YTD opens...we pick the location we want (ie: window table) and our staff in YTD has not disappointed yet...on several ships...so we always ask for our fav table and staff...but we are there before it gets crowded

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

We leave a cash tip on the table after our meal, a five or ten dollar bill(two guests dining), depending on the experience. If the servers are friendly and engaging, we leave the cash. We don't hold it against them if the food isn't great or not the correct temp. We usually only go to the dining room two or three times on a cruise and appreciate a wait staff that are just friendly and make us happy with our evening dining.