Total frustration with website

rcandkc

As acknowledged by Jason O'Keefe, the message that excursions are sold out has one of two meanings. Either the excursion is truly sold out or, as in your situation, the excursions have not been loaded yet and, thus, are not ready for booking. Hopefully, this ambiguity will be fixed in the future.

This is, in my experience, a common problem. It seems like they are loading excursions incrementally into the live web site as opposed to loading them in advance into a separate database and then, at midnight or nanoseconds thereafter, just enabling the link. Using language like "not yet available" as opposed to "full."

Another thing to watch for is that there is (obviously) non-visible information in the database which is used to verify which excursions are valid under their 90 minute minimum between excursions on the same day. This will show up when, for example, you book a 3-hour morning excursion that departs at 9 AM and then it won't let you choose an afternoon excursion at 2 PM saying you have a time conflict. This was the case when we couldn't book both a morning tour in Havana with an after-dinner walking tour. Had to call Regent directly to add the latter. No easy way to check whether they ever fixed this particular conflict.

Bottom line, as Dave noted, is to not panic if it appears excursions are sold out in the wee hours when they are supposed to post.

Thanks, rcandkc!

Like you, we have been trying since a little after midnight.

We called Regent at 0830 and provided them with our selections. They advised that as soon as the system came up, they would enter them for us.

As promised, they did - - and we, too, are all set!

Thanks, rcandkc!

Like you, we have been trying since a little after midnight.

We called Regent at 0830 and provided them with our selections. They advised that as soon as the system came up, they would enter them for us.

As promised, they did - - and we, too, are all set!

Interesting they didn’t offer to take ours...said they would call me when back up. I’m sure they will eventually call...I kept trying instead of waiting for call. Just glad I can now go about day. Can’t say I got much sleep last night.

I'm glad to hear that everything is resolved now.

What bothers me as much as what you describe is the fact that Regent now won't send out the full descriptions of the excursions until 2 days before one can choose. I often choose according to what time a tour leaves, or how much it costs. Also, I used to appreciate having the time to slowly study the options. Oh, well — no biggie....

I'm glad to hear that everything is resolved now.

What bothers me as much as what you describe is the fact that Regent now won't send out the full descriptions of the excursions until 2 days before one can choose. I often choose according to what time a tour leaves, or how much it costs. Also, I used to appreciate having the time to slowly study the options. Oh, well — no biggie....

poss, while I completely agree that the website is frustrating, we review the excursions offered on the website (not under "My Account") for the cruise. Most but not all of the excursions will be offered when they open up for booking. We decide which ones we are interested in - print them (using the old cut and paste method) and save them. Once the bookings open up (or two days before -- I do not use this method but may try it ) it takes much less time to make decisions.

I can only imagine how frustrating it is for those of you on the east coast that wait until midnight to book excursions only to find out that either they show "full" or there is a website issue. On the west coast, our "midnight" is 9:00 p.m. so I can try until I go to bed. Last month we booked excursions - they were all waitlisted but 15 minutes later they were "up".

poss, while I completely agree that the website is frustrating, we review the excursions offered on the website (not under "My Account") for the cruise. Most but not all of the excursions will be offered when they open up for booking. We decide which ones we are interested in - print them (using the old cut and paste method) and save them. Once the bookings open up (or two days before -- I do not use this method but may try it ) it takes much less time to make decisions.

I can only imagine how frustrating it is for those of you on the east coast that wait until midnight to book excursions only to find out that either they show "full" or there is a website issue. On the west coast, our "midnight" is 9:00 p.m. so I can try until I go to bed. Last month we booked excursions - they were all waitlisted but 15 minutes later they were "up".

Trying until you went to bed would not have helped. I tried for several hours. They were finally up and not “full” 13 hours later.

Hi Tc, Yes, that's what I do too. But having the times and prices of excursions is important to us, and of course they're not on the website. Again, not a biggie....

I just did a check of a port that we will visit in March 2020. I was able to see the Regent Choice excursions but not the price (as you indicated). But, I then checked the same port that we will visit in February, 2019 and there was a price (but no times). It takes a bit of time to do the research but much of what I want to know is there - you just have to find it and I understand that the price could increase between now and when we an book excursions for our 2020 cruise.

Frustrating - yes but doable.

We have also encountered this in the past, and it’s totally frustrating. We,like to review every aspect of excursions for a week before deciding what we’re interested in, and there is no good reason Regent can’t provide this information ahead of time. They used to, so what has changed? Regent, you can and should do better on this.

We’re having problems today booking shore excursions in that for three of the ports the website is telling us that we have conflicting excursions booked. However, we have nothing booked, and each excursion shows there is a conflict. Booking excursions for other ports was easy peasy. I hope this issue gets resolved soon. We’re looking forward to our third Regent cruise and first on Explorer.