Private Tour with Jorge Luis Ramirez from Limon

Nevada Jen

Just got back from Limon as part of a Panama Canal cruise. In Port Limon, we had limited time and really could not figure out what to do we wanted a tour appropriate for younger people (our average ship age had to be in the 70's) and it had to be relatively short. I had my heart set on the Jaguar Rescue Center but the timing simply did not work. I found reccomendations for Jorge (who can be reached through Portlimon.com and decided to test my luck. He responded promptly to my email. He says he is "fluent" in English and that is true (although, it is clearly not his first language). He picked us up in an older but perfectly fine 4 door car. He provided water (good thing because it was hot!!). Before we got there we worked out through email with him what we wanted to do. We basically told him what generally sounded good to us and he came up with the ideas. We said animals and beach. He came up with driving tour and canal boat tour and a tour of the Chahuita National Park (I'm sure I butchered the name). He stayed with us the whole time. Didn't continuously chatter but was generally pleasant and pointed out points of interest and told us cultural stuff along the way. There was a strike going on the day we were there and it was probably a bit scary for passengers who were unaccompanied. We felt super safe the whole time. I highly reccommend Jorge. Oh and the cost was extremely fair. Less than we would have paid for any carnival excursion for 3 people and no doubt, a much better, personalized tour.

• 1 year later...

We too used Jorge on our recent cruise and We all had a great time. Always felt safe and got to do things the cruise ship excursions can't do such as stopped on the side of the road and watched a tree full of black faced monkeys in a huge tree, stopped by a fruit stand and had the best local fruit and made a stop at a local super market and bought coffee and other local items at half the price that was available at the markets close to the ship. 

Our tour was very similar to Nevada Jen, but all the other perks was a high lite of our cruise. We will not hesitate to go with Jorge again. His email address is info@portlimon.com  

On 12/1/2019 at 2:16 PM, Capt Mike53 said:

We too used Jorge on our recent cruise and We all had a great time. Always felt safe and got to do things the cruise ship excursions can't do such as stopped on the side of the road and watched a tree full of black faced monkeys in a huge tree, stopped by a fruit stand and had the best local fruit and made a stop at a local super market and bought coffee and other local items at half the price that was available at the markets close to the ship. 

Our tour was very similar to Nevada Jen, but all the other perks was a high lite of our cruise. We will not hesitate to go with Jorge again. His email address is info@portlimon.com  

Capt Mike53, Thank you for the current review. We are booked with Jorge in March 2020 and i am glad to hear the great reviews still hold true.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...