Gentlemens dress for other than formal night.

Zombatar

We are on our first Silversea cruise, seven days on Silver Wind, at the start of next month. To the best of my knowledge there is only one black tie night. How formal are the rest of the nights? For instance is a Tux a never worn except on the black tie nights? We have a generous luggage allowances on the flight to Barbados but it would seem a bit daft to carry more than we need. Should I wear a tie and jacket every night or just a jacket and sometimes just a smart shirt?

Peter and Jenny

We are on our first Silversea cruise, seven days on Silver Wind, at the start of next month. To the best of my knowledge there is only one black tie night. How formal are the rest of the nights? For instance is a Tux a never worn except on the black tie nights? We have a generous luggage allowances on the flight to Barbados but it would seem a bit daft to carry more than we need. Should I wear a tie and jacket every night or just a jacket and sometimes just a smart shirt?

Peter and Jenny

Are you certain there is a formal/tux night on a 7 day cruise? It's been a while since I took a 7 night cruise, but I had a memory that there were no formal nights on briefer cruises. I may be mistaken. In any case, I am fairly certain that no one would wear a tux other than on a formal night. A dark suit is increasingly common on formal nights. I gave up my tux years ago. For informal nights a blazer and slacks and collared shirt is fine. No tie needed, unless you insist. Enjoy your cruise.

Actually Silversea shows formal nights on even their shortest cruises so there is one formal night on a 7-day cruise. Personally I have always been a tux guy for formal nights.....until a couple of years ago. Got to be time to replace my tux but with only one cruise a year and a significant drop to virtually zero formal requirement at home I went with a black suit and solid color ties. I can and do wear the suit on formal nights but also wear it on other nights with less formal ties so I feel I get the best utility out of it.

Actually Silversea shows formal nights on even their shortest cruises so there is one formal night on a 7-day cruise.

I am pleased to be corrected. It appears that OP looks forward to formal night. However, for those who prefer not to dress so formally, the Grill and La Terrazza offer casual and informal options, respectively, on all nights (including formal nights).

Peter and Jenny

There should be one formal night, which will be detailed when you check your mysilversea webpage.

The first night is always casual.

The answer your actual question: aside from the one formal night, the rest of the nights will be a combination of casual (no jacket required) or informal ( jackets, tie optional).

Each evening you will find in your suite the Chronicles for the next day, which will have the dress code detailed for your planning pleasure.

Edit: removed the picture as it was blurry and unreadable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by MLeh

Most others have already chimed in, so I will only add a little:

You can check on My Silversea within 120 days of sailing and it will show what day will be Formal. Formal in two dining areas will require a tux or dark suit. 80% of the other nights will be in-formal in three restaurants requiring a long sleeve, button down shirt. Most likely two nights will be casual, requiring something like a Polo, short sleeve shirt in all restaurants . So I'm sure you will have more questions but this should get you by till you get on board and read the daily newsletter.

Go and just have fun. There's got to be way more things to worry about other than dining...