KLM Economy Plus vs Delta Comfort+ on flights to US from AMS - looking for feedback

cruisin lady ca

I have been reading about the differences between Delta and KLM re: planes and seating.arrangements for upgraded main cabin/economy cabin. I understand that the Comfort+ seats on Delta flights only provide additonal space between rows and not larger seats. I've read that Economy Plus on KLM flights does provide a larger seat and is a separate area on the plane. Anyone care to share their experiences with either of these options - and whether or not they would recommend it? I've also read that you can't book Economy Plus seats on KLM flights through Delta. Has anyone booked their flights directly with KLM for trips originating in the US - and using Delta flights to get to AMS?

You might want to read up on KLM seating information directly from the KLM website.

LINK HERE

There is no "Economy Plus" on KLM, but rather Economy Comfort. There is no "separate area", just that the seats are at the front of the economy cabin. The seats are not bigger, just more legroom and recline.

Other than that....

You might want to read up on KLM seating information directly from the KLM website.

LINK HERE

There is no "Economy Plus" on KLM, but rather Economy Comfort. There is no "separate area", just that the seats are at the front of the economy cabin. The seats are not bigger, just more legroom and recline.

Other than that....

I do see the KLM A330 is set up like the Delta A330 - with the Economy Comfort seats at the front of the main csbin, like the Delta Confort+ seats. The Boeing 747-400 "new world business class" Seat plans do show the Economy Comfort seats in a separate section between business class and economy. It appears that the 747-400 is flying from AMS to JFK so I will check on the Economy Comfort seats before making my "final" call on flights.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by cruisin' lady

KLM comfort is a bit disappointing. Meals are the same as in regular economy. You just have 10 cm. more legroom and a little more reclining. Depending the type of aircraft you are seated more in front of the plane or in some 747 you are in a seperate section in front of the plane.

I also flew Delta comfort class to/from Europe and I think Delta was a bit better. Priority boarding and also on night flights a mask and earplugs. Of course also more legroom then regular economy.

Seats on both airlines were regular seats.

You can book KLM through Delta or Delta through KLM. However due other reservations system you cannot always select your seat.