Do Viking ocean ships offer adjoining rooms?

YWW

No Ajoining rooms. And only cabins for two people , no extra bunks or beds. All children under 18 must be in a room with another adult.

Do each of you want to share a room with one of the grand children? If yes, you are a wonderful grandparents.:halo:

No Ajoining rooms. And only cabins for two people , no extra bunks or beds. All children under 18 must be in a room with another adult.

Do each of you want to share a room with one of the grand children? If yes, you are a wonderful grandparents.:halo:

My goodness, we sure weren't aware of this requirement of under 18 kid must be with another adult in a room. Thanks for the tip. Since these are great kids and very well behaved, we have no problem sharing rooms with them.

My goodness, we sure weren't aware of this requirement of under 18 kid must be with another adult in a room. Thanks for the tip. Since these are great kids and very well behaved, we have no problem sharing rooms with them.

If they are under 18 they may be the only kids on your cruise since Viking discourages them.

We are thinking of bringing our two high school age (1 boy and 1 girl) grand kids with us on a Viking ocean cruise, do Viking ocean ships offer adjoining rooms or bunk beds option in suites?

No adjoining rooms but I think they can remove the partition on the veranda and connect 2 cabins that way.

If they are under 18 they may be the only kids on your cruise since Viking discourages them.

It really does depend on when you are sailing. There were a number of young adults traveling on both our 2016 NYE in the Med cruise and on our 2016 sailing of Into the Midnight Sun.

This is the statement from Viking's Terms and Conditions (link to the complete terms in the link in the footer of every Viking webpage). Other cruise lines have similar restrictions:

Children/Minors

Due to the nature of our cruise and travel itineraries, the Carrier does not maintain facilities or services for children aboard cruise vessels or otherwise during the trip. On all cruises and cruise journeys, minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied and share a stateroom with a parent, legal guardian or other responsible adult over the age of 21. We reserve the right to limit the number of minors under the age of 18 years on board and on land excursions booked through us.

We are thinking of bringing our two high school age (1 boy and 1 girl) grand kids with us on a Viking ocean cruise, do Viking ocean ships offer adjoining rooms or bunk beds option in suites?

I was just on the Viking Sky yesterday doing a ship tour. They explicitly explained that the ships are 18+ and that all rooms are double occupancy. There are no Pullman’s, sofa beds, or rolls always onboard.

So now I’m curious as to the actual policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was just on the Viking Sky yesterday doing a ship tour. They explicitly explained that the ships are 18+ and that all rooms are double occupancy. There are no Pullman’s, sofa beds, or rolls always onboard.

So now I’m curious as to the actual policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The terms are as stated above. In actual operation it probably shakes out to 16 y.o. and older. For more detail, you would probably have to hear from someone who has actually sailed with children, and so far, in all the threads about minors on board, no one has spoken up.

You will only have to share a room on the official manifest...last time I checked no one does a bed check to make sure that the right folks are in the right room each night. :')