Carnival Spirt Ranked First out of 25 ships

When Carnival Spirt came to Australia it was ranked last out of 23 ships. It is now ranked first out of 25 ships.

Has anyone who cruised with this ship, when it first arrived and cruised with it recently, noticed the improvement.

CC News

"Carnival's best." Almost an oxymoron.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We usually sail Princess or Celebrity, and in July we went on the Carnival Spirit for our birthday bash with my brother and his partner..

We were very very happy with the Spirit, one of the best crews we have sailed with, the ship was spotless, the cabins were large, service was great, we liked the food, plenty of it...but they have the one thing that all the other cruise ships lack...lol....

MUSIC MANILA band.....WOW..best on the 7 seas, fantastic asset to the ship...we will be going again on the Spirit in 2019....

the other thing we noticed....how super efficient their tender service was...quick and well organised....

we had a lovely week, and look forward to sailing her again...:):)

cheers

S&D

Edited by S&D

We usually sail Princess or Celebrity, and in July we went on the Carnival Spirit for our birthday bash with my brother and his partner..

We were very very happy with the Spirit, one of the best crews we have sailed with, the ship was spotless, the cabins were large, service was great, we liked the food, plenty of it...but they have the one thing that all the other cruise ships lack...lol....

MUSIC MANILA band.....WOW..best on the 7 seas, fantastic asset to the ship...we will be going again on the Spirit in 2019....

the other thing we noticed....how super efficient their tender service was...quick and well organised....

we had a lovely week, and look forward to sailing her again...:):)

cheers

S&D

So what did Carnival Spirit lack Sandy? I am guessing Vegemite ? or perhaps No rissoles in the Buffet?

Great to see the cocktail up on screen.

One of the formal nights. It was tough to get a drink. Thankfully, we knew a barman in the dining room and he came over to our section to get our drinks. Would I sail with them again. Yes. If the price was right. The service was friendly and helpful. But there isn't any wow factor to rate them that high.

I think the ranking is from the post cruise survey they email you after your cruise, I know the staff are rated by this, the highest score at the end of the year gets 24 or 48hrs off and if I remember correctly $5000 bonus too.

Correct. As mentioned in the paragraph before: "The proof is in the guest satisfaction surveys that the company collects each year to rank the popularity of every ship in its worldwide fleet."

But we don't know exactly how Carnival scores/ranks those surveys that passengers fill out. When I get home next week I'll check my notes to see what Jennifer said they changed but I do remember it included removing lots of poolside deck chairs because Australians didn't use them to sunbathe all day like Americans do... which was surprising! Also, better coffee. I am sure there must be more important things that that, but it wasn't anything huge. Just that they had a better idea of what Aussies like and dislike...

So what did Carnival Spirit lack Sandy? I am guessing Vegemite ? or perhaps No rissoles in the Buffet?

Great to see the cocktail up on screen.[/quote

Hi Les.....no, its the band..MUSIC MANILA that no one else has...wow they made that cruise for us along with the wonderful staff....a great time was had by all...:):)

cheers S&D

The basis of the survey mystifies me.

In my opinion Carnival Spirit is better than P&O. It is nowhere near as good as Princess. Holland America is even better. I have never sailed with a Royal Caribbean.

All of these cruise lines cater for different markets, a comparison is not easy or fair.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The basis of the survey mystifies me.

In my opinion Carnival Spirit is better than P&O. It is nowhere near as good as Princess. Holland America is even better. I have never sailed with a Royal Caribbean.

All of these cruise lines cater for different markets, a comparison is not easy or fair.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The survey is just comparing Carnival Cruise Line's 25 ships around the world (Carnival Dream, Carnival Vista etc). It doesn't compare Carnival Cruise Line ships to Princess, P&O, HAL etc. which are different brands of Carnival Australia, as opposed to the brand of Carnival Cruise Line.

Yes, as others said the ranking is really about the guest satisfaction survey at the end of the cruise. There have certainly been changes (waterslides, sushi, guys burgers, blue iguana, dive in movies, coffee, menus etc), but a part of it has been moving into a different market. As it was 5 years ago, obviously Spirit wasn't getting much love from those filling out their surveys. I wonder how much of it is the change in the actual ship and experience and how much of it is the cultural differences and comparisons between her former US guests and current Australian ones.

I know a lot of people here appreciated the changes they spearheaded - e.g. no added gratuity because your fare covered wages properly, everything in local currency, it made cruising smoother for many people who were used to other lines.