Icelandic Air

Teah

In May, we are flying to Stockholm for our Viking Homeland cruise. It looks like Icelandic has flights that would work from JFK. Have never flown them before, and I am finding mixed reviews. If any of you have flown them, I would appreciate any feedback you can give. how is the economy class, also how much time did you have for changing flights in KEF. Thanks for any help with this

In May, we are flying to Stockholm for our Viking Homeland cruise. It looks like Icelandic has flights that would work from JFK. Have never flown them before, and I am finding mixed reviews. If any of you have flown them, I would appreciate any feedback you can give. how is the economy class, also how much time did you have for changing flights in KEF. Thanks for any help with this

We flew back with Iceland Air last year from Montreal to Manchester. We did a stopover in Reykjavik .

We flew Business Class which was good ...but not anywhere near as good as a lot of BC flights we have done before.....I would think Ecnomy would be fine too. It’s a very busy airport so don’t know about time for changing flights.

We took Icelandic in 2016 for our Homelands cruise. They were fine ... we flew economy and it was no less comfortable than any other airline's economy class and the service was good. As I recall they are an economy airline and you will pay for any "extras". I am pretty sure we paid to select our seats ahead of time and alcohol was not gratis as it is on other international flights. KEF (as I recall) is not a very large airport but it is busy. It can be difficult to navigate around the lines and we had no seats in the gate area as we waited for our flight ... but we had no trouble covering the "territory" to get to our gate.

No problem with paying for extras during our economy flight but the Icelandic Air seats this spring were the most uncomfortable I have ever had the misfortune to endure, and I'm not fussy. Delta, no prize, had more comfortable seats.

I have flown Iceland a few times, Business class is fine and much cheaper than other airlines business, economy comfort also is fine with added perks like drinks and meals, they are now flying some 767 aircraft.Both business class and economy comfort in most airports include free lounge access including Keflavik.

Keflavik is a very easy airport to transfer, and clearing European customs is relatively easy there. Business class seats were very good comfort wise,they weren't pods but good for the price.and many perks.EC had more leg room and a bit more recline than economy,with no middle passenger in the 757, the 767 is 2 across on the bulkheads and no middle passenger in the middle 3 seats. The one time I flew economy ,the seats were no worse than most of the airlines in the US,better than some, but were 3 across all occupied in the 757 .

No problem with paying for extras during our economy flight but the Icelandic Air seats this spring were the most uncomfortable I have ever had the misfortune to endure, and I'm not fussy. Delta, no prize, had more comfortable seats.

Yep, I agree with you there. Couldn't sleep on way to Reykjavik. Strange - beautiful planes (looked new), but no padding in the seats. Lots of complaints. I can't really recommend them, although I don't know if all of their planes are like that. We flew on them maybe 5 years ago and the seats weren't bad. Maybe they use different planes for different routes. We flew Washington Dulles to and from Reykjavik, with connecting flights in London and Bergen. Food, as has been mentioned, was for purchase only, but it wasn't bad.

We used Icelandair because they were cheap. However, if you want more comfort, I would pay more for another carrier.

We just did a Reykjavik to New York cruise on Oceania.They flew us RT on United but several people on board booked their own airfare and because Icelandic Air was cheaper they chose them. Everyone complained about their seats and also they did not get a meal on the flight unless they paid for it.

We just booked IcelandAir economy comfort for our June cruise as getting to Bergen from PHL on any other airline involved 2+stops and mixed airlines or hairy connections. Friends have said they are strict about carry-on sizes, etc so the extra checked bag and lounge access made the decision to go for the Economy Comfort and easy one.

I frequently fly Icelandair economy comfort, sometimes SAGA (business class). I have never had anything but a good flight and reliable transfers. The airport is hectic during the summer months and it feels a bit like a bus station, so that might be decisive for you.

A few years ago, we flew Icelandair from Reykjavik to JFK. We flew economy comfort, which was only minimally more expensive than economy class. We were in an area right behind business class, with business class type seats. We received drinks, but no champagne. The meals that were sold in economy were gratis for us. We had a shorter line to check in and were able to use the lounge. Overall, a very pleasant experience.