Alaska 2018

wellnamed13

Hi everyone! Just made an account! I'm going to Alaska (Seward-Vancouver, 19th of July-26th) for my honeymoon. I've sailed on Silversea a lot before, when I was much younger, mostly in the early 2000's, but the last time was in 2012. What's changed since then?

What do people wear on the Alaska cruise? I've heard it's more casual than the European ones. :( (I really like excuses to dress up haha)

Thank you so much!

I cannot speak to the changes since early 2000's but we did take Silver Shadow to Alaska in 2009. It was a bit more casual then the Silversea cruise we took in 2016 and that has a lot to do with the destination. On all cruise lines we have sailed Alaska is more casual given that the focus is the ports.

Keith

The second night of the cruise will be the Captain's reception and it will be formal optional and most men wear a coat. A couple of the other nights are informal - meaning coat but no tie - and the first and last nights are casual. Juneau is usually casual too as many passengers eat off the ship. Hope this helps.