Viking Sky Room 3078 - who has stayed in this room?

NorskyGal

I've booked a cruise on the Viking Sky in room 3078 (V2...the lowest price room).

Have you stayed in this room? If so, what are the pros and cons of this stateroom...noise, views, mini bar, comfort, steward, etc?

We have signed up for the Silver Spirits package, but otherwise are bargain conscience luxury lovers.

There is still plenty of time for us to upgrade or change rooms if this isn't a good choice.

Thank you for your input!

I've booked a cruise on the Viking Sky in room 3078 (V2...the lowest price room).

Have you stayed in this room? If so, what are the pros and cons of this stateroom...noise, views, mini bar, comfort, steward, etc?

We have signed up for the Silver Spirits package, but otherwise are bargain conscience luxury lovers.

There is still plenty of time for us to upgrade or change rooms if this isn't a good choice.

Thank you for your input!

We were a couple of doors down in 3072 (a DV cabin). You have the drinks package so your minibar will be replenished with cans of soda and spirits (otherwise, minibars in the V cabins do not have complimentary daily replenishment or spirits).

As for noise, we heard nothing from the dining room below ever. The views are fine. Steward service is the same no matter where you are on the ship.

• 1 month later...
Thank you for that information. We are on a November, 2019 cruise in Room 3077 and was wondering what the real difference in a V2 and a DV2 room would be.

The only difference is in the perks. V cabins do not have complimentary daily minibar replenishment (although what is in the room when you arrive is yours to consume), advanced reservations in the specialty restaurants, a coffee maker and a couple of other items that are listed on the Viking website PLUS they are last to be allowed to start booking excursions. Click here and scroll down to see a side by side comparison of all the cabin features by category.

Other than that, the cabins are the same size, design and layout. The difference between V1 and V2 is forward vs aft on Deck 3 (V2 is the cheaper). The difference among the 6 DV (DV6 is the cheapest) levels is nothing more than which Deck they are located on (the higher you go, the more you pay) or if they are one on the aft facing cabins that are sandwiched in between the Explorer Suites. Under SHIPS on the Viking website, you can take a 360° tour of the various staterooms.

IMHO, on Viking it just doesn't matter what cabin you choose. If all you can afford is a V2, go for it. You are still getting a balcony and once you leave your cabin, it doesn't matter what cabin you are in. All cabins have access to all of the ship's facilities -- specialty restaurants, spa facilities, bars, lounges, pools, 24-hr room service (which will deliver a hot cup of coffee instead of making it yourself), etc.

This is going to sound really funny, but when we were on the Sky and booked our 32 day cruise from Auckland to Bali, we wanted a V cabin but they were sold out. There was a DV6 available (deck 3) and we booked that (aft) We do love the aft. When we went down to look at it, there was a slight ramp in the hallway leading to the atrium. It wasn't a flat hallway. I am a huge klutz. I trip on flat land. So we upgraded to DV5 on deck 4 for about $100 or so. Silly I know, but I could just see me carrying my laundry, walking through the atrium to get to the laundry room, not noticing the slope, and falling. I've already had one knee replaced and need the other one done, so we just decided to go with deck 4. And yes, I know, it is a really silly reason. If I was coordinated we certainly would have stayed there. We were in 4106 on the Sky and will be in 4108 on the Orion.

Stretchcruz, I understand. Last Dec and Jan we were in a forward cabin on deck 6 ( I think) on the Pacific Princess for 6 weeks. There was a similar hump near our cabin and it took me a good 2 weeks before I remembered to pick my feet up when walking over it. Yep, I’m a fellow Klutz! Mary Jane

Thank you for that information. We are on a November, 2019 cruise in Room 3077 and was wondering what the real difference in a V2 and a DV2 room would be.

Sorry, that should be November 4-18, 2018. Cities of Antiquity & The Holy Lands. Money we saved on the V2 will be spent on excursions in Israel. So Excited.

• 4 months later...

I seem to remember reading that there are a few cabins on deck three over both Torshaven as well as the theatre in which some noise migrated. Those would be the two venues I can think of on deck three which might impact you if you tend to retire early. I haven’t read this very often so maybe it’s something that impacts those who are more sensitive to noise when sleeping (like me). I was worried about our upcoming cabin being across from the laundry room, but have been told it is still quiet...