Need suggestions for next ocean or river cruise 2018-2019

zitsky

• 4 months later...

OK so I somehow talked my partner into doing the Mediterranean Odyssey cruise. We will try to do things that are too much like what we've done before. I like architecture but we'll try to combine that with activities that take us off the beaten path. I've put down a deposit so off we go (in 2019)!!

• 3 weeks later...
OK so I somehow talked my partner into doing the Mediterranean Odyssey cruise. We will try to do things that are too much like what we've done before. I like architecture but we'll try to combine that with activities that take us off the beaten path. I've put down a deposit so off we go (in 2019)!!

When do you plan on taking the med odyssey cruise. We are going in March of 2019.

We have done Machu Picchu. What's a zodiac?

We just got back from an expedition cruise in Antarctica. The zodiac boats are used to get you from the ship to the landings.....same thing if you go to the Galapagos, which is also on our bucket list. These are not regular cruises as there are usually no ports. There are naturalists on these types of cruises and it is very educational. Antarctica was AMAZING, pristine and beautiful, and you get to see lots and lots of penguins, seals, whales, and birds. Machu Picchu is our next trip, but not a cruise. In December we are going on a cruise to South Africa with a safari. One of the trips we did with Viking a few years ago was the Imperial Jewels trip in China. Although it is partly a river cruise there are also cities that you go to and stay in hotels (Beijing, Shanghai, and Xian). That was a really fantastic trip as well!

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/caribbean-americas/south-america-chilean-fjords/index.html

Look, we've done this cruise twice now. On Celebrity. We've done Alaska as well. I'd say the round the Horn trip is Alaska on steroids. It is a wonderful trip. Buenos Aries is absolutely wonderful. Nothing to do with Castles or Churches. Walking the streets of the Palermo district at midnight was such an experience. Staying up until 3:30 AM on a Tango tour is to say you've done something. Oh, yes having the crew chuckle that your the last ones on-board (Overnight in BA) is another highlight. Having the Captain inform us that this is the only clear water East West around the globe, wow. Having Penguins walking around us. Sigh we would do that trip again. Anyway, plenty of travel yet to do. Greek Islands Yes,,,