Cruise Critic heading out on Silver Muse!

Cruise Critic Chris

• Members

Hi all! I’m on my way to Buenos Aires to sail on Silver Muse for a week. I’ll be checking out the new dining changes and see how the dress code adjustments are working.

Got a question? Ask away! I board on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only one question in two parts......

Are they allowing menu sharing across indochine and atlantide? (If not I really can’t see how the issues are solved.... you can’t put a quart in a pint pot and it doesn’t matter if you reserve or free for all... they all can’t fit!)

Are they allowing room service from the restaurants or are they still sticking to the guest 24/7 menu only?

Have a great cruise ..... she’s a great ship with little not to admire.... artwork aside!

One request .... could you take some photos and post of the more hideous art work on the walls.... the ones which include the photo of someone’s face and lots of scribble in other areas! I was embarrassed to take any of those ones in case something thought I was admiring them! lol

Enjoy...

Having just been on the muse a few weeks ago, I can answer the tv question. Sound bars were installed in the rooms. However, we could hear our neighbors tv that they turned on every day at 6 am, almost as if we were in their room. We could not hear their conversations, but we could hear the tv.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all! I’m on my way to Buenos Aires to sail on Silver Muse for a week. I’ll be checking out the new dining changes and see how the dress code adjustments are working.

Got a question? Ask away! I board on Friday.

We'll be there too. Did you sign up for M & M?

Charles & Elaine

been here in Buenos Aires for three days already and will be boarding the ship also tomorrow afternoon. Don't want to high-jack Chris;s thread, will let her do all the posting and will hope to run into her on board, maybe at the meet-and-mingle?

Will be staying on for a few back-to-backs, so will have plenty of time to see how she works...

We wondered about the high tea also, so I went to the cafe today and asked—answer was no. Nina and I really enjoyed the high tea experience

on our previous cruises. Perhaps if enough people ask it will be reinstated

• Members

Thanks for the questions. I will find out.

I asked the butler about the meet and greet, but he didn’t let me know in time. Otherwise, he’s been good so far, switching shore excursions, confirming dining reservations, bringing special pillows, letting us try all of the bath amenities and restocking our bar with wine instead of beer.

Today is a sea day. I do not see a high tea listed on the schedule. Colleagues have raves about the Silversea tea in the past, so that’s a disappointment.

Last night we ate at Atlantide. Many passengers were offshore in BA, but we were still sat as two women at an empty table for six because it was full. Service was a tad disappointing - took a long time to get to us, mixed up the water orders, seemed distracted even though the place was far from full. Hoping things improve. Tonight we are at La Terrazza.

Something new about attire in Muse Restaurants

Found out dressing can be a little confusing but there is a little something for everyone:

On Formal Night

Atlantide and La Dame will be formal

Indochine and Silver Note will be Informal

Pool Deck and Spaccanapoli will be Casual.

On Informal Night

Atlantide and La Dame will be Informal

Indochine and Silver Note will be Casual

So it looks like some of the restaurants will lower their dress code one level from "Evening Dress Codes"

This is something I have not experienced on others ships but do find it pleasing for those that are looking for alternates .

Found out dressing can be a little confusing but there is a little something for everyone:

On Formal Night

On Informal Night

So it looks like some of the restaurants will lower their dress code one level from "Evening Dress Codes"

This is something I have not experienced on others ships but do find it pleasing for those that are looking for alternates .

That change went into effect on October 13 when we boarded. I must say that there were a few pax who totally ignored the dress code, there always are.

That change went into effect on October 13 when we boarded. I must say that there were a few pax who totally ignored the dress code, there always are.

Maybe that's because this dress code is confusing. You need to have served time at Bletchley in order to make sense of this code.

Maybe that's because this dress code is confusing. You need to have served time at Bletchley in order to make sense of this code.

I don't find it confusing. We have a Bletchley Park near us here in Perth, maybe that helped my codebreaking skills.

Just change Indochine and Silver Note to casual every night and it will all be simple. Formal and informal only apply to La Dame and Atlantide. There, done (and not one day spent at Bletchley!)

On Formal Night

On Informal Night

And La Terrazza?

Also, any change to the never changing menus yet?

And La Terrazza?

Also, any change to the never changing menus yet?

Was going to add LA Terrazza on the second line with Silver note. But was told when it is lowered to Casual it's "Smart Casual" Haven't figured out what smart casual is yet....

And yes in the steak and Asian restaurants, menu changes a little each week with something on special each night. LA Terrazza is still the same as other ships, changing, I think every four days?

Thanks for the questions. I will find out.

I asked the butler about the meet and greet, but he didn’t let me know in time. Otherwise, he’s been good so far, switching shore excursions, confirming dining reservations, bringing special pillows, letting us try all of the bath amenities and restocking our bar with wine instead of beer.

Today is a sea day. I do not see a high tea listed on the schedule. Colleagues have raves about the Silversea tea in the past, so that’s a disappointment.

Last night we ate at Atlantide. Many passengers were offshore in BA, but we were still sat as two women at an empty table for six because it was full. Service was a tad disappointing - took a long time to get to us, mixed up the water orders, seemed distracted even though the place was far from full. Hoping things improve. Tonight we are at La Terrazza.

Oh dear....We hate it when our precious bubbly San Pellegrino doesn’t make it to the table toot suite. And...heaven forbid some other table might receive a swig! Horrors!

Was going to add LA Terrazza on the second line with Silver note. But was told when it is lowered to Casual it's "Smart Casual" Haven't figured out what smart casual is yet....

And yes in the steak and Asian restaurants, menu changes a little each week with something on special each night. LA Terrazza is still the same as other ships, changing, I think every four days?

Thanks, that sounds like a small step in the right direction, shame it took 6 months to achieve it.

Just change Indochine and Silver Note to casual every night and it will all be simple. Formal and informal only apply to La Dame and Atlantide. There, done (and not one day spent at Bletchley!)

You will still get people who either ignore or are confused. Why not have the same dress code across the entire ship? Much simpler imo.

You will still get people who either ignore or are confused. Why not have the same dress code across the entire ship? Much simpler imo.

Probably not wise to wear a tux in Hot Rocks don't you think? What do they do on your preferred cruise line?