HAL cruise mavens, use your influence wisely

LMaxwell

You don't and this thread is a perfect example. I don't want to search through hundreds of threads to just to find out exactly what OP is referring to. Throwing out an allegation that other posters can't analyze doesn't seem purposeful.

I agree. I have read the contentious thread and found it frustrating to read. Even after several posters indicted that they had used HAL's policy successfully and easily, posters still found the need to condemn and ridicule the policy. Most which have never used or will likely avail of the policy.

This point ignores the fact that many people like the way HAL positions itself differently from other lines. It also assumes that HAL's maintaining its distinct character, which earns it a certain amount of loyalty, is a certain recipe for disaster. What it does seem to attempt is an argument that all mass market lines must follow the same model: ever larger ships offering ever more bells and whistles -- becoming one of a herd, rather than maintaining a special character.

It is entirely possible that, as people continue aging, there might well be a continuing stream of the "nearly dead" who do appreciate the ambience which HAL offers.

I know my daughter, in her thirties, loves HAL. And from the number of young families and young couples (20 - 40s - I know I made your day for anyone in their forties) on my last cruise, there seems to be plenty of people of all ages that enjoy HAL's cruise experience.