Getting from Royal Caribbean pier to Nieuw Amsterdam pier in Fort Lauderdale?

canadarocks

We did this from the Princess pier to the HAL pier a few years ago. We requested the latest disembarkation time from the Princess ship. When we got off the ship we got a cab from the taxi line and asked to be driven over to the HAL pier. The driver was fine with it. We made sure to give him a decent tip a we had read that the cabbies don't like these trips. Ours seemed fine with it.

I think legally the taxi driver can't refuse, but obviously some would not be happy about it. I would tell him in advance that I would pay what he would get for a run to the airport: first offer $15, and would go up to $20. If he still balks ask the next taxi in line.

Royal Caribbean usually use piers 18 and 29. HAL uses 19, 21 and 26. Your ships could be close or somewhat distant. Find out at what pier your ships will be docked and figure accordingly. If you don't know, post date and ship's names and I will find that info for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Royal Caribbean usually use piers 18 and 29. HAL uses 19, 21 and 26. Your ships could be close or somewhat distant. Find out at what pier your ships will be docked and figure accordingly. If you don't know, post date and ship's names and I will find that info for you. Sent from my iPad using Forums

January 13 - Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas (disembarking)

January 13 - Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam (embarking)

Thanks for your help! :)

January 13 - Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas (disembarking)

January 13 - Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam (embarking)

Thanks for your help! :)

Since Harmony of the Seas is in port that day, she will be at pier 18, and Independence otS will likely be at 29 ... not a walking distance from any of the piers HAL uses normally.

Since Harmony of the Seas is in port that day, she will be at pier 18, and Independence otS will likely be at 29 ... not a walking distance from any of the piers HAL uses normally.

Get in a taxi, have driver load your lug gage, close the door and THEN tell the driver to take you to the other ship. \BE SURE to tell driver to put on meter. H (she) is not going to like such a short ride but, oh well, what can you do?

Birthing assignments are made 30 days prior to arrival. So pier location has not been set at this time. However, a ship normally is assigned the same birth at every arrival if it is available. Right now Independence Of The Sea is using pier 29 and Nieuw Amsterdam is at pier 21.

If you have an Apple product, download an app named PORT EVERGLADES CRUISE SCHEDULE. (free). You can find lots of good info plus a map of the port with ship assignments and locations.

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Get in a taxi, have driver load your lug gage, close the door and THEN tell the driver to take you to the other ship. \BE SURE to tell driver to put on meter. H (she) is not going to like such a short ride but, oh well, what can you do?
I couldn't do that. I would be honest up front and negotiate a flat price before I turned over my bags. I wouldn't want a big argument at the destination terminal with the driver refusing to open the trunk until I forked over more money than the meter shows, and one of us insisting on calling police! :eek:

I couldn't do that. I would be honest up front and negotiate a flat price before I turned over my bags. I wouldn't want a big argument at the destination terminal with the driver refusing to open the trunk until I forked over more money than the meter shows, and one of us insisting on calling police! :eek:

I would agree with this. If one can afford back-to-back cruises then they can also afford $15 or $20 to get from one ship to the other.

If in fact you arrive at Terminal 29, there is a free shuttle bus to the Mid-port parking garage which will leave you in the vicinity of the HAL ships, if you don't mind dragging your luggage! Terminals 19, 21, and 26 are all within walking distance of the garage.

If in fact you arrive at Terminal 29, there is a free shuttle bus to the Mid-port parking garage which will leave you in the vicinity of the HAL ships, if you don't mind dragging your luggage! Terminals 19, 21, and 26 are all within walking distance of the garage.

I cannot speak or OP but not everyone is ab le t to drag their lugggage. some poeple jus t cannot do it.

q

Take a cab, tell him what you are doing and let him know he will receive a nice tip. That's what we did going from the Regal Princess to the Allure of the Seas. No problem at all.

Be in one of the later groups to get off the ship so you don't have to wait too long at the new ship.

• 4 weeks later...

According to the Port Everglades app, you will need to go from Terminal 29 to Terminal 26.

Google maps states:

from Port Everglades Terminal 29, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 to Port Everglades Terminal 26, Access Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

15 minutes walking and .7 miles.

Edited by pauly