from the Carnival Magic November 11, 2017 - November 18, 2017

bUU

I told him why. He didn't bat an eye and gave no specific response beyond, "Yes sir."

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Well that's too bad. It may have something to do with it being the last night and sadly, many people have already been to GS removing tips so it's just easier to do it and move on to the next person. Perhaps if you had gone earlier in the cruise when it first became apparent that you weren't getting the service that was expected, there would have been some action taken and you would have yielded results. About the only thing you can do now is call Carnival when you get home and/or mention it on your post cruise survey.

That's too bad he was able to get one over on you. I hate to think this way, but perhaps it's because you are a first time Carnival cruiser and he figured you didn't know any better. I guarantee you this would never fly with me. Sorry you had to deal with this.

I think many people are non-confrontational to-a-fault, and will hope asking him to do better will "work". I also think there is some concern that a complaint will be ridiculed, "Did you try talking with him before coming to us to discipline him?" Or "Aren't you overreacting, after all it has only been one time?" "... twice?" And of course without FTTF, complaining is a very major investment of vacation time.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I agree, but by day 3 they have already displayed a pattern and by then if I hadn't received twice a day service, you better believe I would have already said something to him. Actually that would have happened on the evening of day 2 if he never came in the morning. And let them try and tell me from the get go that I only get once a day and I want twice. Nope, not happening. I am a pretty chill person and am extremely low maintenance. But when I feel someone is trying to get one over on me and I know I'm right, the Italian in me goes from zero to blast off REAL fast!

Most of us are digging to deep into this two times a day cleaning. If it were to remain two times a day Carnival would never have started this option of cleaning twice a day or once.

Your wasting your typing fingers ,it boils down to one time a day is here and soon to stay.

Most of us are digging to deep into this two times a day cleaning. If it were to remain two times a day Carnival would never have started this option of cleaning twice a day or once.

Your wasting your typing fingers ,it boils down to one time a day is here and soon to stay.

Well I sure hope not. What we expect is a cleaning in the morning and turn down service at night with towel animal, clean towels, next day's Fun Times and announcements. Oh and small cooler (12X12X12) serviced with ice twice a day. That's what we've experienced in the past and have come to expect after 35 cruises on Carnival and have always tipped additional cash at the end of the cruise.

If we don't get the service we've come to expect, we will complain to the Steward first and if no change, then to Guest Services or Hotel Manager. If no change after that, we will reduce Steward gratuities by one half and no cash at the end of the cruise.

BTW, next cruise is Paradise partial Panama Canal out of Tampa in 2 weeks. :)

Edited by tandemcruzr
spelling

Seems to me that Carnival is becoming more and more like corporate America. Do more with less. Having sailed the Dream several years ago the dining room service was so slow. Our cabin steward was good, but that was before all of this once a day cleaning crap. We are sailing the Magic on the 25th of November and I hope we have a better experience than we had on the Dream. I have been loyal to Royal for the past 4 years and believe me they are having issues also. My main complaint with them is dining room service. So hit or miss. One night they are on the ball and the next night you can't even get a refill of water. All in all I've never really been on a cruise that I wish I could get off of!

We have been asked twice, in both situations we chose once a day morning and received both. Maybe the conspiracy theories are just that, maybe they offer because the majority want once a day (in fact, posts here on CC substantiate that) and it is an option, morning, evening or both. Options are a good thing, but no so much for those who believe in Area 51 and building 7 nonsense......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'e been on the Magic twice and always have had a great experience. I know the cabin stewards work themselves to death, personally, I don't see a need in twice a day cleaning. They will give u clean towels and will take your dirty ones away. Your cruise is what you make of it!! Enjoy and don't be so darn picky!:confused:

Thanks for your review and your thoughts about your first Carnival cruise. It appears you had a few issues that didn't sit well with you.

I find traveling although extremely satisfying, it's not without it's challenges and hurdles. It really is the nature of the beast. However, one's attitude can make or break a vacation. I like to keep my glass half full and even when things really go wrong....I try to find the good in it. It sounds like you had a few bumps, but nothing to keep you having a wonderful cruise...that is if you kept everything in perspective.

You should know by now that there are never any 2 cruises that are alike. Even on the same ship with the same itinerary the cruises will be different. So don't be so quick to judge Carnival by one cruise. The next cruise, if there is one, could be a lot better or even a lot worse. But a positive attitude will enhance any vacation at any price.

That's the writing on the wall as it read from where I was standing. Interestingly, if we were, say, in Alaska whale watching and riding on a train into the Yukon, instead in the Caribbean climbing ancient Mayan ruins and getting soaked to the bone in torrential downpours, it would have been no problem for us. We aren't averse to once a day service, but if that's going to be the reality make it clear to start, and give us a way to service ourselves as needed by putting extra towels and ice machines on our hall.

That's the writing on the wall as it read from where I was standing. Interestingly, if we were, say, in Alaska whale watching and riding on a train into the Yukon, instead in the Caribbean climbing ancient Mayan ruins and getting soaked to the bone in torrential downpours, it would have been no problem for us. We aren't averse to once a day service, but if that's going to be the reality make it clear to start, and give us a way to service ourselves as needed by putting extra towels and ice machines on our hall.

Agree 100% with what you've mentioned here. I was on Conquest in August. Our room steward never asked if we wanted once or twice a day service. I never even saw him on embarkation day. We were lucky to get once a day service and it made no rhyme or reason as to which service we would get, morning or evening. One day we didn't get ANY service at all and ironically it was a day when I saw him in the hall and specifically asked for clean towels. Guess what? Not only did we not get the towels, he never even came into our room that day, morning or evening! I wondered if maybe it was the last cruise of his contract, because it just seemed like he didn't care. Certainly not the kind of service I'm used to on any cruise. I really missed the turn down service, which is always such a nice touch to come back to the at the end of the night. I am not a complainer and know that the crew work so hard. This is one of the reasons I didn't go to guest services to complain. That, in addition to the fact that the line was always so long and I didn't want to waste my precious vacation time waiting in line. I also did not adjust my gratuities, so that's on me. In the future, should I have such disappointing service, I will handle it differently.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I prefer my room steward to provide clean towels and ice, however if I'm impatient I know I can always get clean beach towels on the lido deck and ice from the bars.

On the other hand, if my room steward did not make an appearance to clean my room at least once a day then I would not find that acceptable. I would take it up with the room steward the "first" time. If it happened twice, then it goes up the ladder. It would really have to be bad before I thought about reducing the tips.

Just a thought to those that had difficulty with getting their rooms serviced...make sure you are using the "Cruising" sign outside your door when you leave and want service. If you never use it, then this could be part of the problem.

In the future, should I have such disappointing service, I will handle it differently.

Agree with this sentiment.

Some posters seem to indicate that if they didn't experience something personally, they don't believe someone else did.

Some posters repeat the meaningless phrase, a cruise is what you make of it.

You can't make clean towels magically appear with a positive attitude. You can't turn lukewarm food into hot food. You can send it back.

You can take steps to express disappointment to Carnival.

Just a thought to those that had difficulty with getting their rooms serviced...make sure you are using the "Cruising" sign outside your door when you leave and want service. If you never use it, then this could be part of the problem.

They no longer have the Cruizin sign anymore. It says Snoozin on both sides.

I was on the same cruise, I have relayed my thoughts in a separate posting earlier today. Just wanted to mention this:

When we met our room steward, Pushpa, on the first day, DH asked for twice a day service. She immediately said, oh yes, you are "special" and will get twice a day service. I did not know what she meant by this - "special"? Are we royalty? Then I thought, well maybe because we are Platinum? Is that what she meant? Then I started thinking that changes are coming, supposedly, to the VIFP program and that maybe only Platinum will get twice a day service, because us "older" folks are accustomed to it, and the newer ones will only get once a day service. Just a thought, don't know if it is at all true. It did appear that many of those around us had once a day service. How do I know this? Their Fun Times were in the mailbox at night. Ours were not. The Fun Times and other paperwork were in the cabin alongside the towel animal and the nicely turned-down bed.

This does not excuse not getting any service at all, however.

We had a problem with our MDR waiters for dinner service this cruise. Very disorganized and slow.

Hope your future cruises are smooth sailing.

Brenda

No "Cruisin'" sign on this cruise: "Snoozin' sign only, on both sides.

There is no "Cruising" sign any more. Both sides of the door hanger say "Snoozin". So that is definitely NOT any part of the problem.