Here’s hoping

GUT2407

Price was a bit more per day than we like, for a balcony, but as it is Sea we get a Mini Suite for that money as there are no accessible balconies on the ship at all. So looking at it that way we got a bargain. I’m not sure if we get any Mini Suite, benefits, limited as they are.

We also get a truck load of internet and genuine priority boarding not that fake sort gbenjo dishes out.

Good deal then, Mini suite's don't get you much in the way of perks compared to a suite cabin but they do have the extra room. Not sure about the sea but mini suites on other Princess ships mean you get a tub as well. Good if you want a bath, bad if you want a shower (I find standing in a tub awkward).

Good deal then, Mini suite's don't get you much in the way of perks compared to a suite cabin but they do have the extra room. Not sure about the sea but mini suites on other Princess ships mean you get a tub as well. Good if you want a bath, bad if you want a shower (I find standing in a tub awkward).

Because it’s an accessible it doesn’t have a tub, just a wheel in shower.

Not sure if it has a screen (like the other minis) or a curtain to make wheeling in easier.

I’ve got no idea what of the facilities I’ll need in 18 months. But room to manoeuvre a chair or walker will be nice and if I need to spend more time in the cabin it’ll be nice too.

We tend to be a bit anti social, but as Mrs Gut said, if we do meet some people we like we will have a lovely area to sit and have a chat. The larger balcony looks spectacular too, might even splurge on a balcony meal one day too.

Isn't that one from Auckland to Auckland? @ https://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=C914A

Nice itineraries and I like the roundtrip approach (ex Sydney or ex Auckland)

They do offer a few cabins Auckland to Auckland as Sea Princess stops there at the end of her world cruise and that has a sector ending in Auckland for those that want it. The Hawaii cruise follows on directly from the world cruise. Princess does quite a few overlapping cruise options, sometimes with 2-day itineraries to soak up any spare cabins. When we did a PNG cruise last year that was offered as Brisbane - Brisbane, and Sydney - Sydney, and a 2-dayer Brisbane to Sydney.

We've booked Sydney to Sydney naturally.

Price was a bit more per day than we like, for a balcony, but as it is Sea we get a Mini Suite for that money as there are no accessible balconies on the ship at all. So looking at it that way we got a bargain. I’m not sure if we get any Mini Suite, benefits, limited as they are.

We also get a truck load of internet and genuine priority boarding not that fake sort gbenjo dishes out.

The mini suites on the Sun class ships are more like full suites on other ships, double the size of a regular balcony cabin with a double sized balcony. You should be very comfortable there. ;p

The fares on the Hawaii cruises are very steep compared with other cruises. I've only booked an inside cabin for our cruise and it is considerably dearer than any other inside cabin we've booked. I'm not expecting to see any fare reductions either, although I will be checking regularly. The IA cabins on the August 2019 cruise are almost sold out already.

Correct, we had a mini suite on Island Princess last year, Panama Canal. Bit of extra room, bathroom slightly bigger with a small bath and shower over. Sofa was handy, don't know about the two TV's did not really need them. As for mini suite perks - none come with cabin. But being Elite we got our usual loyalty benefits. I would take a mini suite again on a Princess ship if the price was right. :halo:

The mini suites on the Sun class ships are more like full suites on other ships, double the size of a regular balcony cabin with a double sized balcony. You should be very comfortable there. ;p

The fares on the Hawaii cruises are very steep compared with other cruises. I've only booked an inside cabin for our cruise and it is considerably dearer than any other inside cabin we've booked. I'm not expecting to see any fare reductions either, although I will be checking regularly. The IA cabins on the August 2019 cruise are almost sold out already.

Yep it looks fantastic.

On ours for April 2019 everything above balcony is sold out, only a handful of balconies (4 last time I looked). Obviously the round trip is very popular.

Mrs Gut is a little concerned about the couple of blocks of Sea Days, one of three days, two sets of five days. Me I love them.

They do offer a few cabins Auckland to Auckland as Sea Princess stops there at the end of her world cruise and that has a sector ending in Auckland for those that want it. The Hawaii cruise follows on directly from the world cruise. Princess does quite a few overlapping cruise options, sometimes with 2-day itineraries to soak up any spare cabins. When we did a PNG cruise last year that was offered as Brisbane - Brisbane, and Sydney - Sydney, and a 2-dayer Brisbane to Sydney.

We've booked Sydney to Sydney naturally.

Yep looks like they are selling too and from Brisbane, Sydney and Auckland (ours is anyway) I guess it’s easy to do when you’ve got b2b2b2b, Circumnavigation if Aus, Hawaii, World, Hawaii. Already wondering if I can stow away at the end of ours for the World Cruise.

Yep it looks fantastic.

On ours for April 2019 everything above balcony is sold out, only a handful of balconies (4 last time I looked). Obviously the round trip is very popular.

Mrs Gut is a little concerned about the couple of blocks of Sea Days, one of three days, two sets of five days. Me I love them.

We love the sea days too. Our next cruise, the Diamond repositioning cruise, has five sea days, Darwin, then another four sea days to the next port. Bliss! After that we get more port stops.

Because it’s an accessible it doesn’t have a tub, just a wheel in shower.

Not sure if it has a screen (like the other minis) or a curtain to make wheeling in easier.

I’ve got no idea what of the facilities I’ll need in 18 months. But room to manoeuvre a chair or walker will be nice and if I need to spend more time in the cabin it’ll be nice too.

We tend to be a bit anti social, but as Mrs Gut said, if we do meet some people we like we will have a lovely area to sit and have a chat. The larger balcony looks spectacular too, might even splurge on a balcony meal one day too.

That is good, I thought the accessible cabin wouldn't have a tub but wasn't sure.

That is good, I thought the accessible cabin wouldn't have a tub but wasn't sure.

Still trying to find the actual layout of the accessible cabin, I’m thinking the tub will be the location of a big shower, wondering if we still get a screen or if it becomes a curtain.

Not that I really care just curious.

Still trying to find the actual layout of the accessible cabin, I’m thinking the tub will be the location of a big shower, wondering if we still get a screen or if it becomes a curtain.

Not that I really care just curious.

I don't think I have ever had a screen on any of our cruises with Princess, always seem to be a curtain.

Do you have a cabin number, yet?

There some sites which provide some layout diagrams and photos.

Yeah it’s B335 (think that’s it) but everything that I can find so far just shows “the typical Mini Suite”

I don't think I have ever had a screen on any of our cruises with Princess, always seem to be a curtain.

Generally shower curtains on Princess Mr Gut, but then we have not been in full suite, but been in cabins from mini suite down to inside, the new ships and the tubs, like we have here. All curtained showers, like the ones in 'Pyscho.' :D

Best ship's bathrooms I have been on were on Celebrity Solstice, proper shower doors. Ship in my opinion was nothing 'spethial' but bathrooms very good.