Review of Norwegian Jewel - 5 nights to Tasmania

Enjoyed your photos Gae as we did with your Radiance photos earlier. And you are entitled to your personal views of your cruise.

We refuse to be drawn into any negative conversations generally as I don’t think it is beneficial to anyone. No doubt there are legitimate concerns and dilemmas that happen onboard but there are the appropriate ways to make complaints and follow up without burdening other cruisers whilst onboard.

Send cold food back, check your accounts with Reception, I’m sure this happens to everyone at sometime on a cruise. Deal with it and post your review at cruise end without burdening others.

Try to find some positives as there is no such thing as a 100% perfect cruise.

Thanks for the review - glad you enjoyed it and gave it high marks. I liked your 'boring pictures' - probably not enough of them actually :D To most aussies, it's a new ship so it's good to see the real pics and not the touched up ones in the brochures. I still keep looking at their future cruises in the hope they drop their prices...

Likewise, saw the relocation cruise at a good price but cannot get the time off then.

Not sure what the burden is.

And what's the point of giving positive ratings if negatives are excluded? In that case, everything will always be only a 10. In which case what are the point of the ratings?

I took it that some didn't like the sweeping generalisation that anyone who has a bad experience is a whinger. Again, presupposing that there can never be bad experiences.

The burden is - don’t come and ask if you can join our table, couch or whatever and then start with conversing all the dislikes, comparisons, problems etc onboard. Not necessarily whingers but just cruisers that want to unload their problems, views that are really bothersome to them. No doubt all of which have happened or perceived to have.

We are generally easy going, courteous and happy for conversation but it has happened that when the negative conversations go on and on, and get a bit depressing, we have excused ourselves as we have enough serious problems to deal with in our lives and that of our extended family without listening to onboard problems from strangers.

In no way did I infer only give positive ratings because this is impossible as there can be heaps of problems and we’ve had plenty. Deal with them appropriately. But surely there is always something positive happening on a cruise.

Try to be happy and don’t let the little things get you down. Write a review, rate your cruise, contact your cruise line onboard and/or afterwards or try cruising with another company. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, good and bad but we don’t necessarily want to hear them when we’re enjoying our meal or relaxation time!

Edited by megsie

I was on the cruise to Tasmania and have also done other cruises without any problems. However, it appears from some who post opinions here that, if you speak up about cold food, entire groups of people constantly having to send back food, object to rude or none existent service or get charged for things you have not bought then you are given the lable of "a whinger". But then some folks are silly enough to put up with anything as long as they can post endless, boring pictures.

I did not realize Sutho / KarateMan /Brisbane 41 was back :D

Hi Gae

I really appreciated your review and photos.

We are very excited about our trip on the Jewel for 16 days in January. Appreciated your positive thoughts.

Could I ask a couple of quick questions.

1. Will I need American adapters for the plug points in the room?

2. People suggest bringing power boards on the ship as there are limited plug points in the room - would you agree?

3. My daughter likes to drink a particular coffee in sachets - do you think I'd be OK to bring those on board or do you think they would be confiscated?

Many thanks for any help!

Hi Gae

I really appreciated your review and photos.

We are very excited about our trip on the Jewel for 16 days in January. Appreciated your positive thoughts.

Could I ask a couple of quick questions.

1. Will I need American adapters for the plug points in the room?

2. People suggest bringing power boards on the ship as there are limited plug points in the room - would you agree?

3. My daughter likes to drink a particular coffee in sachets - do you think I'd be OK to bring those on board or do you think they would be confiscated?

Many thanks for any help!

Thank you!

1) yes adaptors required - I use the power charger with 4 USB ports so only use one power point - there were 2 in the cabin that I noticed.

2) power boards (those with a cord) will be confiscated - you could take a double adaptor though

3) quite OK to take on coffee sachets - I took some of my own food including full-fat yoghurt with me as that on board is low fat/high sugar - I just emptied the little frig putting the items on the bench

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Gae

Just loved your review and photos. Would like it to have been longer. Wish NCL would home port Melb so we could get a chance to cruise her without the hassle of going to Syd.

I have friends who shared a cabin on a cruise. Ate together and went on the same shore trips. One loved everything and the other hated everything. You would have thought that they were on different cruises. So be it - to each his own.

Keep up the good work. Much better to read reviews by people on cruises rather than the advertising the companies put out. :D

I Think he is lurking, sounds a bit sus, Graham. Sort of Sutho/KarateMan/Brisbane 41 vocabulary. :halo:

No Les, need to get those detective skills in order, I believe the poster lives in my area!!

It is not our friends that were on board.......they had a fabulous time, although their first cruise and they had nothing to compare it too, they did mention in our short conversation that the food in the MDR was OK and they loved Tassie........they did bump into a few people from Port Macquarie that they knew onboard, they thought that was amazing!! just to add that when you have lived in this area all you life like he and my husband have and you say you are from Port Macquarie/Wauchope, they know someone who knows someone haha!!

No Les, need to get those detective skills in order, I believe the poster lives in my area!!

It is not our friends that were on board.......they had a fabulous time, although their first cruise and they had nothing to compare it too, they did mention in our short conversation that the food in the MDR was OK and they loved Tassie........they did bump into a few people from Port Macquarie that they knew onboard, they thought that was amazing!! just to add that when you have lived in this area all you life like he and my husband have and you say you are from Port Macquarie/Wauchope, they know someone who knows someone haha!!

You have a recall then Chez. Track them down, M'lady. Have a look at the last couple of Norweigan Jewel reviews here on CC. Appear to be from Aussies and very recent, they gave poor reviews. :o

Did he have one???

Sort of, very abrupt and abrasive and backing up his argument in a very fact like (in his head anyway) way. (for e.g I would never ..... as this would be ......).

In addition he would be having a go over and over like a dog with a bone, rather than dropping two posts and scampering away.

Anyway, I think time will tell.

Edited by MicCanberra

Yes Chez, my investigation reveals the poster (POI) is 'John & Helen' from Pt Mac.

Deduced from checking their posts. They were on the Sea Princess Worldie this year.;)

Yes Chez, my investigation reveals the poster (POI) is 'John & Helen' from Pt Mac.

Deduced from checking their posts. They were on the Sea Princess Worldie this year.;)

You have earned your promotion:')

We do not know them........:cool: