Embarking in Lima Callao- best way to get to port from Lima hotel

Cruisepucks

We have read on the boards that the Callao port is very confusing and that taxis are not allowed to enter the port area. As well,other posters have reported that their taxi did not know how to get to the port resulting in a 1 hr trip resulting in a 3 hr trip. Hope others can refute this info and that taking a taxi is a good option.

Taxis cannot get into the port area. You will be dropped outside the gate and have to enter to take the shuttle bus to the ship.

I too would have the hotel make the arrangements and be sure that the driver knows where you are going.

The port is about one hour from downtown Lima depending on traffic.

The area near the port is not safe.

Keith

Thank you for the information. Most helpful.

We will get the hotel to arrange the cab and insure the driver knows where to go.

We already planned to allow lots of time in case the 1 hr trip takes 3 like some other poor cruiser. We are experienced independent travellers but never in South America.

I should have asked if anyone knows about how much a taxi would cost Miraflores area to port? I assume payment should be made in soles.

Thanks

Suggest you email your hotel and ask if they can arrange to reserve a car, and what the cost would be. Our hotel added it to our bill, in US dollars. We paid $30 for 2 people traveling about the same distance (Barranco - LIM).