best hotel near JFK

sunsetme

have an overnight layover, what is the best hotel near JFK?

Please provide more details. Exact date? Budget? Number of people? Does "layover" mean you are flying into JFK one day and flying out of JFK the next day? If so, what are your arrival and departure dates and times?

None of them are "resort" type hotels, but they're all close, convenient and not too pricey. If you are staying at one only because you need someplace to stay pre/post flight, for one night they're pretty much all "adequate". For the price and convenience, I wouldn't stay in Manhattan for one night, considering the hotel cost and transportation back to the the airport. I think if you google something like "JFK airport hotels", you'll see your options.

None of them are "resort" type hotels, but they're all close, convenient and not too pricey. If you are staying at one only because you need someplace to stay pre/post flight, for one night they're pretty much all "adequate". For the price and convenience, I wouldn't stay in Manhattan for one night, considering the hotel cost and transportation back to the the airport. I think if you google something like "JFK airport hotels", you'll see your options.

The JFK hotels are notorious for being used as emergency housing for NYC families. Aka homeless shelters. Buyer beware. If absolutely necessary go on Trip Advisor and read the reviews very carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Amercian Red Cross (NY) Disaster Services are also known to contract with all JFK area hotels for fire victims in need of emergency, short term housing.

Look for the ones across in nearby Nassau County, just east of JFK - they are easily reached/short & free airport shuttle ride away from the Federal Circles AirTrain Station ... some of the long haul int'l airlines have contracts with them for their pilots & crews for rest in between flights. Meal options remained very limited both on-site and nearby, if any - takeout deliveries can be expected.