Third person versus single supplement

MLeh

DH and I are contemplating a cruise and we’ve been discussing inviting our (recently singled) DD along with us.

The options we’re contemplating are Silver Suite which apparently can hold 3, or our usual Veranda Suite and just pay the single supplement for her to have her own.

Does anyone know if SS charges the same per person in the Silver Suite if there are three versus two?

Does anyone have experience or recommendations?

We get along well, but the main concern is the cost and the comfort of the sofa bed in the Silver Suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m unsure if the suite you are in makes any difference to the pro rata rate for a third person sharing. I do know the rates, but don’t think it’s something I should post.

Drop me an email silversea@mail.co.uk and I pass on my info which I think make your mind up on the best course of action to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why?

Because it’s something that isn’t advertised and SS probably wouldn’t thank me for posting the details.

Plus the rates I am aware of may have been a special deal to a the agent used (I don’t think it was), but I’m happy enough for mleh to make a decision to take forward based on that info. (And from what’s been said, I’m certain that will happen.) I’m sure if she is told different, she can publish the rate she was given.

I'm sure you will figure out the math. If you add a third person in a Silver Suite, you will be billed one more full fare for a Silver Suite price. Maybe a smaller cabin and adding the single supplement would work out less. I think some of the Silver Suites do have adjoining smaller cabins if you would like to stay in that suite and have your friend stay next door?

I'm sure you will figure out the math. If you add a third person in a Silver Suite, you will be billed one more full fare for a Silver Suite price. Maybe a smaller cabin and adding the single supplement would work out less. I think some of the Silver Suites do have adjoining smaller cabins if you would like to stay in that suite and have your friend stay next door?

I thought that a third person regardless of suite was charged the vista fare.

It is best to ask your travel agent to find out for you.

I thought that a third person regardless of suite was charged the vista fare.

It is best to ask your travel agent to find out for you.

That certainly wasn’t the case from personal experience., but you are correct, SS are the ones to get the definitive answer. The pro rata daily rate quoted was considerably below what I would have expected.

Les37b - I’ve been having trouble sending you an email from my iPad. But what I was wondering was if they charge the ‘per person’ same rate for three as they do for two, and it seems the answer is ‘no’. Thanks!

The other question I have is the actual comfort of the third bed in the Silver Suite: is it just a hide-a-bed?

Hi

The 2 passengers pay the normal amount or whatever the pp fare for the suite is. The extra person sharing would be charged pro rata for the number of days on board (whether the entire cruise of a few days.... the number of days will be charged.) It is a low price!

The bed is a sofa bed... I don’t know what the silver suite sofa beds are like, but the sofa bed in the grand suite was as good as a normal bed and made up each night by the butler. I have no idea if it was the grand suite that caused the 3rd to be so low, but I don’t think it was.

Hi

The 2 passengers pay the normal amount or whatever the pp fare for the suite is. The extra person sharing would be charged pro rata for the number of days on board (whether the entire cruise of a few days.... the number of days will be charged.) It is a low price!

The bed is a sofa bed... I don’t know what the silver suite sofa beds are like, but the sofa bed in the grand suite was as good as a normal bed and made up each night by the butler. I have no idea if it was the grand suite that caused the 3rd to be so low, but I don’t think it was.

Thanks again. I am better equipped now to talk to SS.

No problem...

If you don’t get a “wow” quote, ask if the pro rata rate changes according to suite. Logically you are just really paying for any food and drink consumed since the suite has been paid for.

Like I said, I was amazed at the cost.

• 3 weeks later...

How did you get on? I'm as curious as anything to see if my personal experience is the norm or just quoted a special bargain rate. What I have noticed (yesterday as it happens - which reminded me to ask), was that whilst the cruise shows up in my.silversea, lt's listed in Venetian Society Sailings as 0 days credited with the comment "Transaction code notallowed". For what it cost, I can live with that disappointment.

Thanks for the follow up, Les. After everything was said and done, we ended up not pursuing this option, due to circumstances not related, (stars didn’t align timing wise) so I never did talk to SS.