Airfare to Chile

Happy fool

Somewhere in Kentucky?

The more information you provide, the greater odds someone can give you helpful information. Arrival and departure airports? Dates? Number of tickets? Class of service? How many connections are acceptable to you?

I don't know any "tips" except using http://matrix.itasoftware.com to search for flights. You can play with routings and dates to see if you can find something that works for you.

Often, airfare is just expensive.

I have searched leaving from Kentucky and leaving from Florida. Economy class tickets. I don’t want to spend as much for the airfare as I do for the cruise.

In that case, enjoy the Caribbean.

There is absolutely NO relationship between air travel cost and cruise cost, aside from whatever illogical connection you want to make in your own mind. For example, I have stayed in exquisite boutique hotels in SE Asia and spent less for two weeks of lodging (with some meals) than the air fare. OMG!!

There are limited numbers of airlines and flights between the USA and Santiago Chile. Also, there has not been the surge of discount carriers that we have found across the Atlantic.

Finally, what are you considering to be "expensive"? If you are hoping to do this for under a thousand dollars, you should probably revise your expectations, or your cruising plans.

One solution, sign up for an AA FF Number. Wait for a miles sale. buy the needed miles.

Another solution. Your cruise is similar to a TA, where cruisers run into the steep price for one way air fare. In those cases, cruise line air fare sometimes works.

Third solution, look through the different promotions for CC sign ups and miles given. United might be a bet there. They offer lower mileage redemptions (through central and SA partners) that one might be able to do after a CC sign up bonus and some moderate spend.

Thanks for the suggestions

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another suggestion...Fly the Chilean low cost carrier to Lima. Spend a few days. Find a flight from there. Or, add more days, see Machu Picchu while you are in the neighborhood. Overall cost would go up, but you would leverage the dollars spent on airfare in seeing more sights ...if you have the time.

Try a one way on JetBlue to LIma, etc.

Visit Lima. THen grab a Sky Airlines flight to Santiago

Last Feb we flew Sky from Santiago to Montevideo. It is a very good discount airline. New equipment, clean planes, good service. And the price was much less than the others.

This is one of the few times I would suggest you look at a cruise air program.

We flew into Miami for a few days before the cruise and booked our Miami to Santiago air with our cruise line on what was then LAN. Since our trip they have merged with TAM and are the largest carrier on South America. The flight was comfortable, the departure (and arrival) was on time, the food and beverage service was comparable to US carriers, the flight staff spoke English etc,

The one way cost was reasonable and considerably less than booking via any of the major US carriers.

As an added note....if you can spend three or four days in Santiago do so. It is a beautiful city. We only stayed three days and would love to go back for more.