Venice transfer time

G. GIRL

Thanks for your replies.

I did know the hotel was on one of the islands. How long would a shuttle take from the hotel to St Marks ?

I'm trying to work out if we've got time to meet a guide to do a six hour tour. She says to see the Rialto market we need to meet her by 11am and I'm not sure that we can make that in time.

Thanks for your replies.

I did know the hotel was on one of the islands. How long would a shuttle take from the hotel to St Marks ?

I'm trying to work out if we've got time to meet a guide to do a six hour tour. She says to see the Rialto market we need to meet her by 11am and I'm not sure that we can make that in time.

I would suggest contacting the hotel for more information ... like how often the shuttle runs and how long the transfer takes. I have a friend who stayed there because she always stays at Hilton properties but, to be honest, it is not a very convenient place to tour the city from.

Hi,

We are wanting to do it the first day we get there so we can also use it as an orientation experience so we can then go off on our own the next day. I've messaged the guide and she has said we can start at 12 and do the market on own the next day if we like. I hope that should give us enough time .

Since I did the pre-stay I don’t know the exact timing. They’ll want you off as early as possible so they can get ready for the next cruise. That should get you to the hotel in time to check in and catch the shuttle back to St Marks. It runs on a schedule throughout the day.

Just out of curiosity, is the "shuttle" the ACTV (actv.it) vaporettos, the Alilaguna (alilaguna.it) vaporettos (yellow), or does the Hilton have its own shuttle? In Venice, it's important to realize that there are different choices for waterboats, and ACTV and Alilaguna each have their own payment/ticketing system. You can be ticketed for riding on the wrong one. Of course, as diane.in.ny says, it's best to contact the hotel to get information!

I have contacted the hotel and they have sent me a timetable of their shuttles. From the timings it looks like a fifteen minute or so ride from the hotel to St Marks and one leaves at 20 to 12 so all seems good.

They change €6 per person per stay and you can use it as much as you want.

Thanks for your help in sorting this.

• 2 months later...