Viking Library on board

Azulann

This is from the entertainment link on MVK:

The Atrium & Living Room

The ideal setting for relaxation and conversation, The Living Room draws guests together. Spacious seating, melodic piano tunes, live entertainment and planned activities foster rich camaraderie. And its well-curated Viking Library informs even the best-read traveler. Adorned with nautical touches from Viking days, it is the most inspired living room at sea.

I always love a well- curated library!

What type of book do they have?

Hope they are more than just the coffee table variety.

I love reading from real bound books.

If they have a good selection, I will not bring any paper books.

I will, of course ,have some downloaded on my ipad.

I will have lots of sea days to curl up with a good book!:hearteyes:

This is from the entertainment link on MVK:

The Atrium & Living Room

The ideal setting for relaxation and conversation, The Living Room draws guests together. Spacious seating, melodic piano tunes, live entertainment and planned activities foster rich camaraderie. And its well-curated Viking Library informs even the best-read traveler. Adorned with nautical touches from Viking days, it is the most inspired living room at sea.

I always love a well- curated library!

What type of book do they have?

Hope they are more than just the coffee table variety.

I love reading from real bound books.

If they have a good selection, I will not bring any paper books.

I will, of course ,have some downloaded on my ipad.

I will have lots of sea days to curl up with a good book!:hearteyes:

They have an area in the living room called the library, it is not a separate room. Books are located throughout the ship. the living room and the Explorer's Lounge.

Thank you all for your good information.

I love non fiction, history.

I will be down loading my favorite genre: historical fiction or biographies set in the countries I will be visiting.

I will also check the passengers books left by the pool area for others to read....

I would love to do some book exchanging with others. I'm bringing 4 paperback books with me, but I know that won't be enough for the 3 weeks from Miami to LA. If anyone wants to do some exchanging, count me in! :D ~ Linda

There will be a lot of people who are doing the world cruise on board (and staying on board in LA). You might want to check out that roll call (as well as the one for Miami to LA) to see if you have any takers among the World Cruisers.

There will be a lot of people who are doing the world cruise on board (and staying on board in LA). You might want to check out that roll call (as well as the one for Miami to LA) to see if you have any takers among the World Cruisers.

I'll do that, Peregrina. Actually, I forgot I wasn't already on that site. :o

I was recently on the Sun, and found the ship provided library rather idiosyncratic. Someone in charge likes really long biographies and specialized histories. If that suits you, you should do fine. Otherwise very few novels (though I found a good William Trevor novella) and nothing on the area or ports we were visiting. Since the ship had recently gone into service, the exchange shelf had few volumes. Probably a good idea to load up the Kindle.