Anyone ever have to get a PIN # from Carnival

Sea and Me

We booked through our TA, our son booked through Carnival. We would like to all dine together. Our TA told me that when he called Carnival they told him our son would have to get a PIN# in order for him to have his reservation hooked up with ours for dining!!!!

Has anyone ever had to do this and what was the procedure in doing so??? I never heard of anyone getting a PIN# Help please and thank you in advance. Have a good day:)

Your son will need to call Carnival and add a PIN # to his reservation. He will need to identify his Booking #, ship, saildate, and who is on the booking and possibly their birthdates. Then he gives them a PIN # of his choice (4 digit), it's a security thing. Then he can give the Booking # and the PIN # to the TA and they can call and link the bookings. Every time your son calls Carnival for anything booking related, he needs that PIN#.

You can use the pin or you can just identify the booking with birthdate and other info. Your son can call and link the bookings. Since your TA called and not your son it was a privacy issue for them to do anything with his booking without his permission.

Several years ago we booked a cruise through a PVP that I wasn't happy with. We decided to transfer the cruise to a TA. When I called to transfer it, they ask for my PIN which I had no idea I had. The PVP told me that it was the last four digits of my SSN. It's been so long ago that I don't remember if we use to have to give them our SSN when we booked a cruise but that was my PIN..

I just called last week for something and after the transaction, the rep asked me to set up a pin #. I just had to tell her what I wanted it to be and she explained they would ask for it next time I call.

Probably a newly added security feature and not a big deal.

We booked through our TA, our son booked through Carnival. We would like to all dine together. Our TA told me that when he called Carnival they told him our son would have to get a PIN# in order for him to have his reservation hooked up with ours for dining!!!!

Has anyone ever had to do this and what was the procedure in doing so??? I never heard of anyone getting a PIN# Help please and thank you in advance. Have a good day:)

Carnival has had this in place for years, and the idea behind it is to prevent someone else from being able to change your booking. My PVP always asks me to provide a PIN when she makes my booking. And then if I call in to anyone at Carnival, they will ask me for that PIN before they will discuss my booking. It's a security measure.

• Like 1

Thanks to all of you for your responses:) Our son called Carnival today and told them his number. It was “painless”. This will be our first time sailing on Carnival and we chose the Miracle. We know it is a long way off (July) we are looking for a fun filled “adventure”(God willing).

Thanks again everyone, have a good day.

Just so you know, you don't have to say PIN Number. Saying number is redundant because PIN= Personal Identification Number. Thus, when you say PIN Number you are saying personal identification number number.

Good point.

We will pass this advice along to the Department of Redundancy Department.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Several years ago we booked a cruise through a PVP that I wasn't happy with. We decided to transfer the cruise to a TA. When I called to transfer it, they ask for my PIN which I had no idea I had. The PVP told me that it was the last four digits of my SSN. It's been so long ago that I don't remember if we use to have to give them our SSN when we booked a cruise but that was my PIN..

Strange, we have never given a SSN in all our years of cruising...

I booked our cruise a month ago, and called last week due to an issue.. I verified names, ship, etc., and they handled my issue.. called again today for another issue, and they asked me for my PIN, told them I didn't have one, so they set one up. Just odd that I didn't need one last week, nor was I offered to set one up, yet today I was. Either way, have one now I guess.. :)

So, you won't hand me a Kleenex tissue?

Do people say that and are you saying that is redundant? Central Ohio calls all tissues Kleenex I've noticed regardless of brand. I guess if you specifically wanted a tissue to be the brand Kleenex as opposed to another inferior brand, then that wouldn't be redundant.

• 4 years later...

I just had a rather lengthy phone call with Carnival in order to get a pin for a cruise that I want to transfer. The agent want the phone number and name of the travel agency before allowing me to select my PIN. However, the TA would not show up in her system (refused to accept the phone number). She wanted me to call back at a later time but I refused. I insisted that I just get my pin. The agent can deal with Carnival!

They have used 4 digit pins for years now.  It is a security feature.  If you book through a TA they may have one assigned that they would know.  Usually when you book direct with Carnival they will ask you when you make the booking to give them a 4 digit pin for security reasons.

I have a GREAT PVP that knows all my likes and wants... every booking I make he assigns the same number automatically because he knows what it is for me.  He also doesn't require me to give it to him every time I call.  On the rare occasion I have to speak to someone else they ask me for it though.

On 11/19/2017 at 9:58 AM, crooooze said:

Strange, we have never given a SSN in all our years of cruising...

It does not have to be your SS number; it is any 4-digit number of your choosing.