Rome to Barcelona departing times

bishopstonierbill

Hi my wife and I will be on the Xmas Southern Mediterranean discovery cruise and it is our first Ocean Cruise although we have been on River cruises before. On the last day we dock in Barcelona and our flight home is at 14.15. Is there a latest departure time from the ship, as I do not want to have to spend too much time at the airport. If we could stay on the ship till 11.00am that would be perfect, but do you think we will have to leave much earlier? Any help appreciated.

Hi my wife and I will be on the Xmas Southern Mediterranean discovery cruise and it is our first Ocean Cruise although we have been on River cruises before. On the last day we dock in Barcelona and our flight home is at 14.15. Is there a latest departure time from the ship, as I do not want to have to spend too much time at the airport. If we could stay on the ship till 11.00am that would be perfect, but do you think we will have to leave much earlier? Any help appreciated.

Everyone must be off the ship by 9:30 am. You can try asking if you may stay on board after that time. You may or may not be allowed to do so.

If you are flying transatlantic, you should allow three hours because of the upgraded security checks for flights going to the US. A cab to the airport (fixed price from the port plus 1 euro per suitcase) will take a half hour give or take depending on the traffic. The airlines do random checks of passengers, If they won't let you print out your boarding pass, it probably means that you have been chosen for a random bag check at the gate and you will have to stand in line at the airport to get your boarding pass.

However, if your flight is in the Schengen area, you still want to be there two hours ahead of the flight to allow time to get through security.